Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 6:21:35 AM EDT
Anyone use these? They aren't like Scherer floorplates that pop off if you bump them. They have a retaining plate that torques down to the back of the mag to keep it in place.

The 21 plate adds 4 rounds and the 17/22 adds 8.

www.seattleslug.2alpha.com/products/floorplates.htm

My worry would be reliability. The Scherer that came on my "hi-cap" caused a failure to feed at about the 7/8th round. That was with a new spring.

Oh yeah, the 21 fp will fit the G20 too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried
using cartridges with
a shorter O.A.L.?

Sometimes a failure to feed
is caused by longer rounds getting
hung up for a fraction of a second
somewhere in the middle of the magazine.

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#2]
They look kinda dorky.

I just practice my tactical reloads instead.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
My Scherer parts never fell off. They interchange with Glock mag plates W/the button perfectly. A Glock rep told me they dont go after Scherer because they are that good. And Tony Scherer (the main man) told me his springs are stronger than Glocks, amongst other things. An interesting option, none the less.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Garden Weasel; I didn't try the cartridge w/a shorter OAL. I didn't have the same problem with my "gelding" mags, just the hi-cap. I figured it was the spring causing the FTF.

Heilo; yeah the 8+ plates look funny, but there is a coolness factor about a 17 round G21 mag that is making it hard to resist buying one.

Anothergene; my Scherer plate will pop off w/minimal pressure. I took it off after a couple of speed unloads. Might have been an older model or something w/a bug since worked out. It fits pretty loose as compared to a reg. Glock plate.

I was using a Glock spring btw. Might get a different spring and try it again.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not sure of the brand but I saw a buddy's plate pop off his G17 mag. I believe it was only a +2 but it was kind of funny seeing the gun in his holster and all those little 9mm's rolling across my living room floor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top