Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 6:02:02 PM EDT
It's been a while since I've been here.  Last time I believe I was asking about .45's.  Well I have satisfide that thirst for the moment.  Now I'm looking at the P89. I got to play with a friend's and I like it. It's a preban with a 15 round mag DA/SA decocker SS slide and grey frame.  I've seen 20 round flush fit mags too.  My questions here are: are the NIB rugers able to accept Hi caps?  If not where could I find a copy of my friend's?  I hate to copy people, but I like it alot.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 8:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the new P89 will accept any Ruger 9mm magazine, hi cap or post ban.  I have a P89 and love it.  Great pistol.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mine too.  I am on probably my 10th or 12th one (I swap a lot) and keep coming back to them. Try some Hogue rubber finger groove grips, it seems to make it come to life. I never heard of any 20 round flush mags. The ones I have hang down about an inch. Purchased from Ajax years ago for $29 each, I watched the price jump right afterwards. They are very well made, seem to be electroless nickel and never skipped a beat. Then eventually you may want a spring kit...between the kit and a little trigger work, my P-89 rivals all my other autos in DA and SA pulls, if you like tinkering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top