Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2016 8:42:19 PM EDT
Handled one the other day.  Went into a LGS to look at a 938.  Not super impressed with the 938, but maybe.  Looked at a Solo.  Seemed really well made, all 3 of them. Great triggers, great feel.  I carry a Kahr now, and these guns are in the same niche, so I don't really NEED another, but ya know....

So, opinions?  I read that 115gr ammo is a no-no, so there's that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Not bad but Kimber CS sucks and warranty is terrible.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I to looked at the Solo a while back and my concern was that the trigger was to smooth for such a small pistol. Seemed very little pressure maybe 3 lbs to pull on that small pistol could create problems. I don't want people to come in with keep your booger picker out of the trigger till your ready either. The solo is small and the possibility is there because that combination could present problems in a pocket style carry. That's why most of the other's in the small to pocket carry have had such long trigger pulls it acted as a safety as such like the Kahr P380 for example. I have carried a weapon since the late 70's on a daily basis and carried all different sizes and makes and even with the safety that one had me looking elsewhere. Also I was looking at the dc model all black and the cost brought so many others with better pedigrees into play.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Solo that I daily carry at least during warm weather.  When it's cold and I'm wearing a jacket I switch to a shield in 40.  
I'd say the trigger is more in the 5# range.  Compared to a bodyguard or an LCP it's not painfully long on trigger pull which makes it feel lighter.

As far as the 115 gr, Kimber recommends using at least 124 gr for the first 100 rds to break in the spring.  I regularly use 115gr range ammo for practice and haven't had any issues but do go heavier for carry ammo.

I've had it a little over a year and have been happy with it.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Solo STS and aside from a bit brutal recoil it has run reliably with HP and hand loads. What is nice is it is so damn small!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
i have 2 of these very small easy to carry and shoot and extremly accurate for such a small gun mine have had no issues. they like the 135gn flex tips and 124 gn gold dots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top