Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2002 4:34:40 AM EDT
Now that I have been raving about my new Springfield, I was sitting here thinking. THere are a few high cap polymer frame 1911's out there. But no one makes a single stack polymer framed 1911. I pesonally think that would be cool! Use standard mags, but retain the single stack frame. Just make it out of polymer. Bit lighter weight, less to rust in harsh environments, etc. Anyone else think this would be cool or am I just looney?
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Although not "standard" magazines, Ruger makes one, the model KP-97. 8 shot mags and a little over 30 oz. True, it don't look anything like a 1911 but meets some of your requirements...I know, not close enough.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The P97 is a cool gun. I was just thinking more in line of a standard 1911, just with a poly frame instead of steel or alloy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Wilson's KZ-45 fits the bill. Although it has a magazine inbetween a single and double stack, it's grip is slimmer than a std. 1911 single stack. Combine this gun with a stainless steel slide, a Wilson #33 barrel and an external extractor, you have one hell of a weapon.

themao hainsawkill.gif
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
i second the wilson, just oredered the kz 45 compact. will report when i recieve it. around christmas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top