Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 11:02:13 AM EDT
Hi guys. I've got an rmr milled slide and rm04 on the way. Since the 04 is a fiber optic/tritium model, I will not need a sealing plate? From what I have read the plate is meant to seal the battery powered modeled from the elements. Is this correct? With the 04 it can mount directly to the slide?
Thank you
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had an RMR installed on a G17 and an M&P and a sealing plate was never used.  The battery should stay in just fine, although with M&Ps the safety plunger channel will slightly expose the bottom of the sight, preventing it from being waterproof.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want it to be waterproof, use the sealing plate.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a CORE with the RMR4 as you do.  I use the plate and it co-witnesses perfectly.  It has become my EDC as it is easier to conceal than I thought.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a CORE with the RMR4 as you do.  I use the plate and it co-witnesses perfectly.  It has become my EDC as it is easier to conceal than I thought.
View Quote

Other than a raven phantom with MD cut, anything else out there that is easily purchased to holster glock/M&Ps with RMRs?  Sending my G19 slide to L&M tomorrow to have RM07 put on...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are in Tucson Cory Bolin makes kydex holsters specifically for these guns.  Fifty bucks and he will make it while you watch.  He is an EMT in civilian life, but really skilled craftsman.  I'll take pictures and put them on here.

Here is the holster and CORE with the RMR 4 in it.  VERY comfortable

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top