Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2015 6:31:14 PM EDT
Check out the video,  looks pretty good.

http://youtu.be/fAbNvZ2QHVg
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sure is, thats my ignorance.  I usually hangout on the AR side and didn't realize there was a Glock specific section.

My apologies
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Im going with for now a no.  Until im sure they will accept a tti or dawson extention, while not useless, dont meet my expectations.  I also fear those feed lips when mags hit the ground during a match and when ramming them home against a magwell.  So for plinking mags ok
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Different subforum. Not a dupe.

ETA:  If this is a dupe, then the thread you linked is a dupe of the GD thread.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Magpie reliability and cheaper than factory? I'm in for a handful. I'll bet they release a G19 version in time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Only 4$ cheaper. I bet it wont hold certain rounds due to the walls being thicker than a normal glock mag. Coal and what not.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Magpie reliability and cheaper than factory? I'm in for a handful. I'll bet they release a G19 version in time.
View Quote

I am definitely in for several so I can round out my collection (I need 10 more g17 mags to make 40).
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Only 4$ cheaper. I bet it wont hold certain rounds due to the walls being thicker than a normal glock mag. Coal and what not.
View Quote

MSRP is more than $4 cheaper than Glock OEM MSRP. Market price for Glock mags is about $20. I'd imagine the Magpul ones will go for around $10.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen posts, here and elsewhere, outright recommend the Magpul Glock mags over factory mags.  Really?  The things aren't even in public hands and they're being recommended over inexpensive, durable, reliable and proven factory mags.  I know Magpul has a good reputation but come on Magpul fan boys.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Where are you guys seeing prices? I only saw 1 video about them and nothing after that. I know they are not out yet but I would like to know where to watch.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've seen posts, here and elsewhere, outright recommend the Magpul Glock mags over factory mags.  Really?  The things aren't even in public hands and they're being recommended over inexpensive, durable, reliable and proven factory mags.  I know Magpul has a good reputation but come on Magpul fan boys.
View Quote

This.  I was a fanboy until I started seeing cracked feed lips on all our PD's mags.  With all plastic const I wonder if the Glock  pmags will have the same
Problems.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One one hand I'd doubt that a non steel lined mag would hold up, but I can't see Magpul putting out something crappy.

I'll certainly pick up a few to try out.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.  I'll pick up a couple to try.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:24:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn't use em...BUT I will be buying a couple hundred dollars worth to sell during the next ban scare!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:17:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Magpul does drop the ball. Look at 308's that lock back with factory steel mags that dont with magpul mags. The magpul glock mag looks all polymer. Glock oem is metal lined. Im sure that metal linning is in there for a reason.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Magpul does drop the ball. Look at 308's that lock back with factory steel mags that dont with magpul mags. The magpul glock mag looks all polymer. Glock oem is metal lined. Im sure that metal linning is in there for a reason.
View Quote

It is, to make it drop free. The original non-lined glock mags didn't drop free so they added the lining, plastic has came a long way in 30 years.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is, to make it drop free. The original non-lined glock mags didn't drop free so they added the lining, plastic has came a long way in 30 years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  I have some pre-ban G23 mags that I bought back during the federal AWB.    They don't have the metal lining.   When they are loaded, there is enough outward pressure on the walls that they don't drop free.   Apparently this was the way Gaston liked it, but American shooters disliked it because they were used to mags that dropped free when the mag-release was hit.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yup.  I have some pre-ban G23 mags that I bought back during the federal AWB.    They don't have the metal lining.   When they are loaded, there is enough outward pressure on the walls that they don't drop free.   Apparently this was the way Gaston liked it, but American shooters disliked it because they were used to mags that dropped free when the mag-release was hit.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but remember, Gaston was not a gun guy.

I'll try a few of the new mags though.

Txl
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#20]
In 1994 when I transitioned to the Glock 17 from a revolver, we were taught the Glock mags were made to intentionally bulge to retain the mag so it wasn't lost since only one mag per gun was issued in Europe.  I know some of you must have seen the same Glock video I did.  David
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I will definately be grabbing a couple when they hit the streets. Mostly just to see how they hold up. If they meet my standards and expectations I will grab some more. But I don't see why someone would run out and dump a bunch of money on unproven parts just because it has MAGPUL stamped on it. Betcha there is going to be issues when they first come out. Wait til they work the bugs out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In 1994 when I transitioned to the Glock 17 from a revolver, we were taught the Glock mags were made to intentionally bulge to retain the mag so it wasn't lost since only one mag per gun was issued in Europe.  I know some of you must have seen the same Glock video I did.  David
View Quote

Can't lose a mag during a gun fight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top