Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2015 3:18:02 PM EDT
Let me start by saying I am a Glock 1911 guy, always have been, and always will be but I appreciate that many flavors exist and I like variety.  I do not know much about the CZ pistol but I would not mind owning one.  The BHP on the other hand I want one but looking at the CZ compared to the BHP what are advantages and disadvantages of each.  Which would you rather have if you had to choose?  Is one that much better than the other or is it kind of a wash either way you go.  Let me hear your opinions.

I already own a wide assortment of Glocks 1911's, M&P's, HK P7's, Luger, Sig, 22LR pistols, revolvers etc etc ..... Kind of rounding out the collection and BHP or CZ is where I am at now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The BHP is a fine pistol. The first time I picked one up and shot it, I was already right on the money with it. Downside, is that I could not make it through a range session without getting hammer bite. I think the CZ is a more "rugged" design. I also think there is more aftermarket for the CZ. I ended up giving my BHP it to a friend as a graduation present.

Edit to add: Just get both.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
First, glad to hear you are a Glock 1911 guy. Not many people like the Glock 1911.

I have both CZ and BHP. Here are my thoughts.

BHP:
Trigger is nice if you have the work done (or do the work). Not as ergonomic as the CZ. Well built, reliable, piece of history. grip is too wide for my taste but I can live with it. I like it. I would even fight with it.

CZ:
The most ergonomic pistol I've ever held. I hated the stock trigger but with some work it's pretty good acceptable. As a hobby gunsmith I don't like the complexity of the internals. It is like a mechanical watch. Too many pieces and springs for my taste. I want a battle gun to be dead simple. It's not dead simple. But it's never given me a problem either, so there's that. Back to the ergonomics - I literally fall in love with it all over again every time I pick it up. It fits and points that well (with thin grips)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The BHP needs a lot of work IMO to be usable.  Even then there are things that can't really be fixed, like the tight magwell that makes fast reloads a PITA.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The BHP is a fine pistol. The first time I picked one up and shot it, I was already right on the money with it. Downside, is that I could not make it through a range session without getting hammer bite. I think the CZ is a more "rugged" design. I also think there is more aftermarket for the CZ. I ended up giving my BHP it to a friend as a graduation present.

Edit to add: Just get both.
View Quote

Probably will eventually.  I like to shoot my guns not collect so I want something I can honestly shoot the hell out of.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The BHP needs a lot of work IMO to be usable.  Even then there are things that can't really be fixed, like the tight magwell that makes fast reloads a PITA.
View Quote

I have experience in fitting parts and putting together the 1911.  Does a lot of this translate for the BHP I have little to no experience with the BHP other than I have shot one once or twice in my life and honestly do not remember because it has been some years.

Magwell being tight would not be an issue I shoot an HK P7 PSP on a regular basis and they are not drop free mags.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have experience in fitting parts and putting together the 1911.  Does a lot of this translate for the BHP I have little to no experience with the BHP other than I have shot one once or twice in my life and honestly do not remember because it has been some years.

Magwell being tight would not be an issue I shoot an HK P7 PSP on a regular basis and they are not drop free mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of it.  You can install aftermarket sears, hammers, and spring kits that help a lot.  Still, I don't know there's a lot you can do about the long, mushy reset, and if you intended to shoot IDPA you can't technically remove the mag safety.  

The BHP is more compact than the CZ, which is about all it really has going for it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Some of it.  You can install aftermarket sears, hammers, and spring kits that help a lot.  Still, I don't know there's a lot you can do about the long, mushy reset, and if you intended to shoot IDPA you can't technically remove the mag safety.  

The BHP is more compact than the CZ, which is about all it really has going for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not intend to shoot competition with this pistol it is just another 9mm for range fun.  I love pistols and love pistols of all flavors so I am always looking for new experiences and this is just the next one.
Do you have a preference if you had to choose a BHP or CZ?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer a CZ but the HP is an excellent gun once devoid of the mag safety and with a proper set of grips.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I do not intend to shoot competition with this pistol it is just another 9mm for range fun.  I love pistols and love pistols of all flavors so I am always looking for new experiences and this is just the next one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't really say I do.   I would slightly prefer a worked-on BHP over a CZ, but neither one would be in my top 10.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can't really say I do.   I would slightly prefer a worked-on BHP over a CZ, but neither one would be in my top 10.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All steel, 9mm, 10+ mag what would you go for?  I have thrown around the idea of a 9mm 1911 but really want something different.  
One of my co-workers who "knows everything" (hope sarcasm comes through) keeps egging me on to an IMI Jericho or baby eagle but I am not biting.  I just want a 9mm steel gun that is not a M9/92F pistol or anything based on the Walther P-38 design.  I want a P7M13 but the price they carry for something I am going to put holes in paper with I would rather have the CZ and BHP for the same price.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
CZ all the way!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
CZ all the way!
View Quote

Elaborate?  Why?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I own and have shot dozens of various pistols and the CZ is still my favorite.  It is a little heavy for a EDC gun but no other gun I've shot is as good a "all around" performer and dead reliable, even with cheap steel crap.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#14]
To me the BHP is to the CZ what a 1911/1911A1 mil-spec is to a "contemporary" 1911. If you're a traditionalist/purist/etc. you might gravitate towards the BHP, if you like more modern amenities the CZ. The CZ is kind of like a BHP Rev 1.

The CZ75 platform is the best selling and most copied handgun in the world IIRC. The BHP draws a lot of polarizing opinions from gun owners, where as the CZ seems to be pretty universally liked, so take that for what it's worth. Best way to know if to handle both yourself since no one else can decide which one you'll like best.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All steel, 9mm, 10+ mag what would you go for?  I have thrown around the idea of a 9mm 1911 but really want something different.  
One of my co-workers who "knows everything" (hope sarcasm comes through) keeps egging me on to an IMI Jericho or baby eagle but I am not biting.  I just want a 9mm steel gun that is not a M9/92F pistol or anything based on the Walther P-38 design.  I want a P7M13 but the price they carry for something I am going to put holes in paper with I would rather have the CZ and BHP for the same price.
View Quote

SIG X5 Entry or Tactical.  Tactical has the aluminum frame, though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I like them both, and for the price of new Hi Power, you can get both - sort of.  

I have a full sized CZ 75 on more or less long term loan to my brother in law who uses it for his concealed carry weapon, and I carry a CZ 75 Compact every day, but I used to carry a BHP for years and it's still a good carry option.

CZ 75 Compact (top), FN SFS Hi Power (middle), and SFS modified FEG P9M (first gen) (bottom):

The trigger reach on the CZ 75 is a little longer than on the BHP, although you can get a short reach trigger kit from CZ.

The rest is long on the BHP compared to a 1911, but it's even longer on the CZ 75.

I have an FN Hi Power that I bought new and I also have a first model FEG P9M, which is a "Mark I" Hi Power clone with a slightly different slide stop (the original FEG P9 is a true clone of the Mark I hi Power).  It has full parts commonality with the Hi Power, with the exception of the slide stop.

My FN Hi  Power had the SFS system installed in it at the factory and I added it to my FEG using FN SFS parts obtained from Cylinder and Slide.  IMHO, the SFS system is hard to beat for concealed carry as it allows condition 1 carry with the hammer essentially in the down position.

It has the side benefit of also eliminating hammer bite on the Hi Power.  

----

My suggestion would be to get a CZ 75, as you can find them for around $500, and then look for and find a nice FEG P9 or first gen P9M Hi Power clone.  You'll end up spending less than you'd spend on a new or excellent condition used Hi Power.

You want to avoid the later FEG  second generation P9M, sometimes called a P9R, with the S&W locking system as they look like a Hi Power on the outside but they are not a Hi Power on the inside.   In the FEG above, you can see the oval shaped print of the cross bar in the frame above the trigger.  If an FEG has that, it's a Hi Power clone.   When you can find one in good condition, you'll have a nicely finished Hi Power clone with great polish and blue and reliable operation.

A qualifier here is that the Mk I Hi Power and FEG clones both use a humped feed ramp that can be problematic with some hollow point designs.  I've had perfect reliability with Hornady XTP and Remingotn Golden Saber hollow points, but if your preferred hollow point won't feed you'll need an aftermarket barrel (which is where the parts commonality thing comes in handing, as it will need no more than normal fitting) or you can have a gunsmith remove the hump from the feed ramp to make it a Mk III straight feed ramp.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I've owned both.  To me the HP seemed sleeker and had the edge in pointing naturally.  However, I sold my HP and kept the CZ due to market support but mainly the kadet adapter slide kit.  It increased my volume of shooting which makes me a better shooter.  I don't plan on getting rid of the CZ but I may add another.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a TZ-75 CZ clone and a few Hi Powers. The Hi Power wins for me every time. Better ergonomics and they are just a joy to shoot with Spegel grips on them.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I have both.

My opinion: They are both good guns.  The BHP is more iconic, and has more history.  However, for a serious defensive pistol, I will take the CZ all day every day.  As a matter of fact, I believe the CZ is a better shooter than the BHP period.  Even the compact.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#20]
That was exactly the position I was in several months ago. I like both of them and picked the CZ75 due to the following reasons:

No magazine safety
Less expensive
Has option of double action or cocked and locked
16 round magazine compared to 13

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I own a CZ 75 B SA and a Mk III BHP. You can't go wrong with either; they're both excellent pistols. I personally prefer the BHP for a few reasons. It's got a crisper trigger, a lower bore axis, and I like the smaller size and how naturally the pistol points. The CZ definitely has more aftermarket support. Other advantages of the CZ are a wider magwell (the BHP magwell is very tight and is not beveled) and a much more tactile trigger reset. Some people with bigger hands get bit by the spur or older rowel hammers on the BHP, but I've never had this problem. If you want to mount a light or laser, you're pretty much out of luck with the BHP. The CZ, being a bit heavier, has very little felt recoil and is probably a little easier to shoot more accurately. Also, if you plan on shooting a lot of hot NATO-spec or +P ammo, the CZ is a little more stout and will wear out less quickly. I think a BHP would carry and conceal better than a full size CZ.

New BHPs are pretty pricey at about $900, compared to about $500 for a plain old CZ 75 B. Cole's Distributing on gunbroker has a bunch of Israeli surplus Hi Powers for about $450 - $500 though if you don't mind the gun being a little rough around the edges. Just make sure you get one with the ambi safety (the old style single-sided BHP safety is useless) and dovetailed sights.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Hi Power is perfectly usable in stock form. Items like better sights and an extended safety are preferential, but not required. Removing the magazine disconnect is advisable, but the pistol will put rounds downrange with no  problem without those modifications.

I have two Hi Powers and love them to death. They fit my hands like they were made for them and point shooting is a breeze. I actually find the small sights easy enough to pick up, plus they are small enough to stay unobtrusive when in the holster. I would recommend an extended safety and removing the mag disconnect, as mentioned above. I like the CZ-75 except that I found that the slide, since it rides inside the frame rails, is too short to make rapid manipulation easy with my paws. Both pistols shot the same for me: good enough. In my opinion, there is no classier pistol than the HP.

Mec-Gar makes 15 round flush-fitting magazines, as well as 20 rounders and standard capacity 13 rounders. KRD makes a 15/17 rounder. I carry a 13 round magazine, plus a spare 15, for 29 rounds on my person.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess I am now on the look out for either a CZ or BHP.  I try to buy used so now to find a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought a used browning MkIII about 7 years ago. It checked out at the Gunshop, but at the range had terrible hammer follow. After multiple trips to 3 different smiths, and $500 in parts and labor, I finally got a gun back that worked well.

If I could do it over again, I would have bought a surplus MkII and left it alone for the nostalgic reasons and bought a CZ75 compact for serious use.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:35:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I hate to turn on the BHP but I would have to go CZ if forced to pick
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:12:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 1911 trigger job takes me about 2 hours.
My CZ took me about 20 hours*
My surplus mkIII HP took about 20 minutes. And it turned out freakin' awesome.

Seriously, the HP was one of the easiest pistols I've done. Not Glock-easy, but significantly easier than a 1911. Don't believe the folk lore about them being impossible to tune.

*No joke. Included welding up and re-cutting hammer hooks, case hardening all wear surfaces, bedding the sear cage, etc. Getting a semi-great trigger on a CZ takes some work.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Very tough choice; the BHP needs a trigger job before it's shootable to me. 2 good choices there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Very tough choice; the BHP needs a trigger job before it's shootable to me. 2 good choices there.
View Quote

Tell me about it..... I keep thinking the CZ I can probably find a used one in far better condition than a BHP but I keep also thinking the BHP is damn sexy and would be hard to find a nice condition one for a good price.  I am now at the point I am just going to have to see which I come across first that I want to buy.  So the search begins hitting LGS's that sell used ..... These never go well I always find something else I want ... DAMN YOU HK FOR MAKING THE P7 DAMN YOU!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#29]

The BHP is a nice carry gun, it's a lot like a Glock 19 in size.

The CZ75 is huge in comparison. It's larger than what I like to carry.

The CZ75B is a clown pistol. The front of the trigger guard says idiot.

If you want the cheapest, the B is the way to go. If you want the best, get a BHP and an older pre-B 75.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you want the cheapest, the B is the way to go. If you want the best, get a BHP and an older pre-B 75.
View Quote

Are you for real?

And if it is for carry he could get the compact it is Glock 19ish in size.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#31]
CZ. Most amazing pistols people overlook everyday.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Tell me about it..... I keep thinking the CZ I can probably find a used one in far better condition than a BHP but I keep also thinking the BHP is damn sexy and would be hard to find a nice condition one for a good price.  I am now at the point I am just going to have to see which I come across first that I want to buy.  So the search begins hitting LGS's that sell used ..... These never go well I always find something else I want ... DAMN YOU HK FOR MAKING THE P7 DAMN YOU!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the BHPs I run across are north of $600 and tend to be the older ones with the tiny safety and spur hammer.   I don't have much use for these and would suggest holding out for a post-94 cast frame BHP with the rowel hammer, larger sights and ambi safety.   In recent years I have walked past several of those around $450-500 and should have picked one up, in retrospect.  

The older BHPs need a lot more updating IMO.  I'd need an extended safety, hammer bob, new sights, trigger job, and the feedramp hump removed.  I had a 70s era gun for years that I entertained thoughts of sending out to Ted Yost but in the end I sold it, figuring I'd rather have the more durable cast frame model if I was going to invest a couple thousand in upgrades.

I have a FEG clone that I picked up for $250 back in the day.   While not quite as accurate as some Brownings I've owned, it shoots great for the price.  I modified it as mentioned above, did a trigger job, straightened the trigger, stippled it, and replaced the awful grips with a pair that really highlights the compact nature of the frame.   It's done some CCW duty since then.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Have had both a Hi Power and CZ 75B.

Still have the 75B.

It is the better gun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:26:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Regarding the trigger on the CZ I'd say that it would be in anyone's best interest to send it to Cajun Gun Works or someone like them.
It really needs the 85c trigger and short reset setup etc .  It really adds a lot of cost however not everyone is as picky as some.
       I hate to admit it but I sold my last of three Hi-Powers last week to fund the STI Guardian I just bought. I was set to buy one in 9mm but ended up going the .45acp route.
  I would love it if someone came out with a "slightly more modern HP along the lines of the TRP 1911's etc
If you could buy a NIB HP in the $900-1200 range that was outfitted like a TRP or maybe even like my STI it would go along way I think.

Of course this updated HP already exists in the CZ PO2 if they ever have them in quantity here    ( the PO2 for those that are unaware is the PO1 with the ability to go cocked and locked)
I honestly love my PO1 except the damn DA/SA trigger .
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#35]
For a full sized, single action steel pistol my nod goes to the BHP.

Slimmer and I just shoot them very well.

However, one of the great things about the CZ is they offer a lot more variants.
Want an accessory rail?  CZ can do that
Want a compact?  CZ can do that
Want a lightweight frame?  CZ can do that (you "can" find an aluminum framed BHP but they're quite rare and no longer produced)
Want a decocker?  CZ.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I own both and much prefer the HP.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#37]
correct answer:  get both
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Just so as you're not missing out on anything, You should get both.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just so as you're not missing out on anything, You should get both.
View Quote

In time I am sure I will.  I have a compulsion to pistols.  I love pistols more than I love rifles or anything else.  Right now I am trying to expand my collection into different stuff I have a lot of tupperware and a few hard to find things and misc other stuff.

On the list of stuff I want......
P7M13/M8
P-08 Luger - I only have my g-pa's Luger from WWII I want one that I can really shoot the shit out of an not worry about breaking or whatever because I am never get another one that he carried.
BHP
CZ75
Nighthawk/Wlson/LB/EB 1911 (something custom)
HK MK23
Wheels guns (not sure on those yet lower on my list)
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Browning Hi Power......Ask yourself, are you only entertaining the idea of the CZ because it looks like the BHP? but is cheaper? In the long run, years from now the extra $ is going to be unimportant.....Buy what you really want...dont settle....and if that means the CZ then by all means......

I found myself wanting a CZ.....but only because it looked like the BHP....
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The HP has a slimmer slide, but the grip on my CZ is much slimmer than the grip on my HP.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm a big fan of both.  I have shot both, but don't own either yet.  I'd probably buy the CZ first.  The inside rails and closed camway used to unlock the action were borrowed from the Sig P210/P49 and are supposed to enhance accuracy.  That may or may not have anything to do with the fact that CZ 75s shoot a little straighter for me than BHPs.  If I shot handguns enough to justify owning more of them, I'd get both.  This is ARFCOM after all.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Browning Hi Power......Ask yourself, are you only entertaining the idea of the CZ because it looks like the BHP? but is cheaper? In the long run, years from now the extra $ is going to be unimportant.....Buy what you really want...dont settle....and if that means the CZ then by all means......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entertaining it because so many people have them and they run, steel 9mm 10+ mag, and yeah it kind of resembles a BHP.

I would buy a HK P7M13 if they were somewhat affordable instead of the CZ and BHP but this is just going to be a range toy to shoot not a safe queen or show piece.  I have my g-pa's Luger for a show piece if I want to pull out a 9mm pistol that has history.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of both.  I have shot both, but don't own either yet.  I'd probably buy the CZ first.  The inside rails and closed camway used to unlock the action were borrowed from the Sig P210/P49 and are supposed to enhance accuracy.  That may or may not have anything to do with the fact that CZ 75s shoot a little straighter for me than BHPs.  If I shot handguns enough to justify owning more of them, I'd get both.  This is ARFCOM after all.

http://www.gunblast.com/images/CZ-75/DSC00029.JPG

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad221/Gilani_pics/Review%20Pics%202/DSCN8132.jpg
View Quote

Most people you see shoot at CZ will say they shoot it more accurately than any gun they've ever shot/owned.

This is the case with me. I shoot my CZ's better than Glocks, Sig's, 1911's, various other polymers.... I've not found anything I shoot as good as a CZ... It starts with just how flat out comfortable they are. [b[Nothing[/b] out there that I've handled feels as nice in the hands.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Are you for real?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you for real?

Absolutely. The internals of the 75 were also weakened when it became B grade. That's why they started to include snap caps so you don't break it.

The OP didn't ask for compact model comparisons, he asked about the standard models. My comment indicates which is a well rounded pistol design and which is oversized for general carry. Even the Czech police went with a smaller pistol. Since the OP is a collector and shooter he would probably be happier with one made before CZ started clowning around with the design.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#46]
BHP,  I've owned and shot my MK III for about 6 years now it fits my smallish hands perfectly with no hammer bite. It works reliably and I have 1000's of rounds through it. I've had one FTE the entire time I've owned it  Once free of the mag disconnect the trigger has been more than adequate for me and I did replace the stock sights to something a bit more visible. VZ grips make it easy to hang on to.

I shoot matches and have taken a number of classes with it. I get good natured crap from the plastic gun guys and the 1911 guys give me a nod and both give me grudging respect when the malfunctions have them dropping points and I keep on getting shots off. But then again I learned to shoot pistols with the  GI issue1911A1 so the idea of a all steel single action handgun is not a alien concept to me.

But like they said...Get both!

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You've posted about the snap caps a few times now and the internals, I've bought a few CZs over the last few years and none of them have snap caps.

Let's see a citation for your claim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. The internals of the 75 were also weakened when it became B grade. That's why they started to include snap caps so you don't break it.

The OP didn't ask for compact model comparisons, he asked about the standard models. My comment indicates which is a well rounded pistol design and which is oversized for general carry. Even the Czech police went with a smaller pistol. Since the OP is a collector and shooter he would probably be happier with one made before CZ started clowning around with the design.

You've posted about the snap caps a few times now and the internals, I've bought a few CZs over the last few years and none of them have snap caps.

Let's see a citation for your claim.

None of mine have come with snap caps either...
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The HP has a slimmer slide, but the grip on my CZ is much slimmer than the grip on my HP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of grips?
VZ's really slim it up, particularly when compared to the OEM wood stocks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What kind of grips?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of grips?

Just about all aftermarket grips are slimmer than the factory grips. Easy fix if that's a complaint someone has about the CZ 75.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top