Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2005 6:32:04 PM EDT
I dont really know where to look for a good 1911 threaded barrel. Les baer had nothing, nor did STI... their threaded barrels are discontinued.

How are Clark Custom guns and their products? I am looking at prices for a threaded barrel to build up a suppressed 1911 for critter controll and fun. For those of you who read my all in wonder thread I am also looking at a .45 suppressor as well as the 9mm XXX

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Jarvis Custom.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:50:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Clark barrels are excellent.  They are threaded fairly far back for cone style compensators.  

If you're looking for match grade accuracy, and plan on getting a gunsmith to match fit a barrel, just order a long unthreaded barrel and have your smith thread it.  It's a very simple job.  Bar-Sto, Kart, Ed Brown, Les Baer, Wilson, Clark, Jarvis, Schuemann, and KKM all have excellent barrels.  Karts are particularly accurate at a good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top