Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2014 1:19:03 AM EDT
I have my eye set on the LH9 and I am ready to make a purchase, especially if the company is going to have another Black Friday sale on them for $400 like last year.

Unfortunately, the closest LH9 to me is 3 states away. There is no blue gun available for this one so I am looking for feedback from owners and those who have actually handled based on the grip and what other handgun grips are a close comparison to it. I would also like to hear some feedback from any owners on what they think of it.  I also understand that purchasing a firearm based on how a gun feels compared to some others without actually handling said firearm is foolish, but I am just trying to get an idea before I commit to a long, long drive just to touch a firearm for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they are an updated Daewoo Dp51 used by Korean military. I've been eyeing them too. Should be well made.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
If this helps at all, Hickok45 has a review on his YouTube channel.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, the trigger works in a similar fashion to the "Anti-Stress" trigger system on the Walther P99 AS.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a slightly reworked DP51. The only downside it that putting the thumb safety back on isn't as easy as taking it off. It's a nice piece. I used to have a DP51C ~18 years ago. The only thing I didn't like on it was the backstrap had some sharp edges on it, down near the magazine well.

The railed, Novak MKII looks nice. I spoke with Lionheart earlier this year about the DH40 and DH45 (I handed/shot one of the few prototypes in the US before it was shelved). .40 S&W is a strong possibility, .45acp is a long term maybe.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have my eye set on the LH9 and I am ready to make a purchase, especially if the company is going to have another Black Friday sale on them for $400 like last year.

Unfortunately, the closest LH9 to me is 3 states away. There is no blue gun available for this one so I am looking for feedback from owners and those who have actually handled based on the grip and what other handgun grips are a close comparison to it. I would also like to hear some feedback from any owners on what they think of it.  I also understand that purchasing a firearm based on how a gun feels compared to some others without actually handling said firearm is foolish, but I am just trying to get an idea before I commit to a long, long drive just to touch a firearm for a few minutes.
View Quote

for my fellow DE brudda:

http://www.lionheartindustries.com/black-friday
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Watch the nutnfancy review before you buy. The one thing that jumped out to me was where he said it was one of the more difficult pistols to master to full accuracy (I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

Nice looking pistol, but not a pick up and master overnight type of pistol. At least according to nutnfancy and he seemed to like them very much.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they are an updated Daewoo Dp51 used by Korean military. I've been eyeing them too. Should be well made.
View Quote

Wouldn't that make it an updated S&W 59?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The trigger bar is external, a la Beretta and others.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It actually will take S&W 59 magazines as well.

Military Arms Channel did a good review of it on YouTube.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Watch the nutnfancy review before you buy. The one thing that jumped out to me was where he said it was one of the more difficult pistols to master to full accuracy (I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

Nice looking pistol, but not a pick up and master overnight type of pistol. At least according to nutnfancy and he seemed to like them very much.
View Quote

NutNFancy... blech.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

for my fellow DE brudda:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for my fellow DE brudda:

I may need to get one for $399.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for my fellow DE brudda:

I think I am.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]
If you like the grip/feel of a 5906 you will like this pistol.

The beavertail area is a little square for me so its not really "perfect".
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Make sure you use the find a dealer feature on their website with your zip code, this seems obvious and stupid, but I go to "all" the regular gunshops in my area only to find a Lionheart dealer within 30 miles of me at a shop I have not been too. The fit and finish on the gun is nice and the pistol should last a life time, a little thicker than most poly guns in 9mm. I have medium or average size hands and it fit me OK.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you like the grip/feel of a 5906 you will like this pistol.

The beavertail area is a little square for me so its not really "perfect".
View Quote

I rented one and the beavertail SUCKS. The hammer bit the crap out of my hand, only gun I ever shot that made me bleed.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

NutNFancy... blech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NutNFancy... blech.

I never said he was the end all be all authority on this pistol. He has apparently owned one since they were badged Daewoo however, so I will give some credence to his review. He also seems to really like them and to me that's the person I want to read negative comments from.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

for my fellow DE brudda:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for my fellow DE brudda:

Another person from DE? I didn't think it was possible! Thanks for the Black Friday link. Now to somehow find one to see how it feels in my hand.

Thanks for the responses everyone. Nasty flu bug bit me before I could get my shot, so I was unwilling to respond until now. Someone else mentioned the LH9 biting their hand, which seems a little worrisome to me. Those who've been bitten - do you have large hands?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I would get a trade in S&W before this, I saw them for $329 somewhere.  Or better yet a Glock 19 or TP9.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#19]
My first duty gun was a S&W59, was a little big around but I loved the gun, I'd buy a LH for that reason only.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:38:13 AM EDT
[#20]
I have one, with the Novak sights. I really like the gun. It feels like a cross between a 5906 and a Sig p226. Mine has been 100% reliable( about 750ish rounds through it). As far as the claim of it being hard to master the accuracy, I found it very easy to shoot very well. I can make head shoots @ 25 yards all day with it. I wish more da/sa guns ( namely my P220 carry)came with this type of trigger. I paid a lot more than the 399.00 that they are offering them for on Black Friday, and even at the price I paid I think it was money well spent.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I have trigger time with this pistol and I have never been bit, well worth the money at Black Friday pricing. If you search the archives you can find a couple ARF Members who own these.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#22]
MAC's review:

Even Colion Noir did a review:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top