Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 10:19:07 PM EDT
Im curious how old the one I have is? I got it at a PAWN SHOP back in 1996 and it looked well used.

it's clone of a classic 1960's Browning High Power

were they imported during the 80"s?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember back in '84, I was poking around in a pawnshop/gunstore in Hawthorne, CA that was a firepower bonanza, I tell ya; Thompsons, HK's, AR's, all kinds of stuff in their racks. In one of the pistol cases, they had several of the Hungarian Hi-Power copies, one of them being in Stainless. That stainless gun was beautifully made, too...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know exactly when they started coming over here but I bought one back in the late eighties for $135 NIB.  It shot very well. I never had one problem with it. I wish I still had it. It got stolen.
I bought another one used in 2000 and it was a POS.  I traded it for CZ75B.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:29:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]
In the mid 80's, my father had a Kassnar/KBI Hi-Power, and to this day, the only HP I have had any experience with that was better, was a friends' Novak Special Ops!  That was one fine shooting econo-blaster!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
on the left side of the slide the markings are:

Imported by Kassnar Imports Inc.

Harrisburg PA 17112

the right side of the slide is marked:

PJK-9HP FEG Budapest

Made in Hungary

the serial number range is: F 25xxx

my guess is it was probably imported around 1985-86"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top