Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2005 4:53:31 PM EDT
I ran across this video in an automobile forum I frequent.  The vid is from 2004, so this is old news and if you've seen it already, sorry....don't watch it again.  Anyway it's funny, but a little embarrasing for this agent (he walked away with a new scar, and a new respect for his sidearm).

www.junnhorde.com/~dragonbreath/mos-nd-demo.wmv

www.thegunzone.com/mos/dea-nd.html

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
22.2MB download...

a "dial-up warning" might be in order...  

ETA:  so might be some remidal training in "basic firearms safety"  ouch!!!  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#3]
What a dickhead. Some of those guys should only be allowed to carry mace.

I like how he says " I had an AD"  yep, aha, riiight, that was an accident.

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#4]
DIALUP BEWARE!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
what the hell was going on? whats that guy doing in a crowded room full of kids messin with a loaded gun?Dont tell me that guys a PROFESSIONAL?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
what the f*uck.

dumbass
DEA
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
What a dumb fucker.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DUPE BEWARE!!!

fixed it for ya

but it is an awesome dupe
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
The sad thing ..is that of course the agent has had training...of course he has....but freaking accidents happen.....but no, he should have never brought live rounds in the class room...knowing that he was giving a lecture he should have only came in with empty mags...  I really feel for him, man that had to be embarassing as hell...and my opinion is that he showed great professionalism by maintaining his composure..it could have easily turned into a "yell fire" scene.

and I'll bet the guy on the cell phone that walked up was calling a lawyer..

unfortunately shit happens....but if he would have done what should have been done which is "no live ammo in the class"..this is one shit that would have never happened...anybody ever hear what came of it....

jackpot
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Stupid ass guy, shooting himself like that and endangering all those kids.

But damn if i could take a .40 in the leg and keep my cool like that. Id be screamin' like a bioatch.

- G
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll bet he is looking for a new job.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Pride cometh...
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Why did he have a loaded gun anyways? Dont real agents get haircuts? Or will it get in his eyes as he shoots up the elementry school "bullies"
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't ya think it was a planned puton? He talks about drugs then shifts to not playing with guns. He talks about holding an unloaded gun (the proverbial "unloaded gun") then shoots himself. Quite an attention getter.  After the break he no doubt returns to make is point about how all guns should be considered and treated as loaded.  Ah, the absence of a rush of assistance, the way he discharged the gun toward the floor...  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Don't ya think it was a planned puton?

Nope.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#18]
i like how he says "now i'll probably never be able to show guns again"

i bet hes right on that one.  

i guess his leg didnt bleed any or was there a pool of blood on the floor...weird...
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#19]
A simunition or even a ASP gun painted/dyed black would have done just as well.. without blowing his toe off.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Dupe
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Did you guys listen to Agent Rickey Williams's (or Bob Marley.....seriously...he should be wearing a Jamaican bake T-shirt if he wants to keep those braids) rant about how he doesn't want to chain any black kids because blacks came to this country in chains? What a f#$%ing hypocrite. So now he works for the American government, which taxes and locks up blacks for the crime of using substances that only harm themselves????? I guess if kids want to get high, they can always join the Air Force where they hand out amphetamines to pilots to keep them awake.

[Gubbermint think]I sure am glad men like him are defending my freedoms, so I don't have to risk carrying a Glock 22 around! I might injure myself or someone else! Never play with guns unless you work for the Feds! [/gubbermint think]

"Only a professional" my white German-Slavic half-breed libertarian ass. I don't even think Keenan Ivory Wayans from In Living Color or the folks at Mad TV could have wrote a better comic skit than this idiot. I'm definitely e-mailing this to all of my friends.

Thanks for the link!

themao
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#22]
I have to give him credit, like mentioned before he has some serious self-control. I screamed like a little girl when I dropped my AK on my big toe....let alone shooting it off. My gilrfriend watched the video with me and said that it's amazing a man can shoot himself.....but what is more amazing is that he can shoot himself and maintain the situation as calm as he could possibly do it.

I think it would be wrong of them to not allow him to keep his job or have more seminars like this, accidents do happen.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#23]
It wasn't an accident.. it never is. Its called NEGLIGENT.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't get it. Even if the sheriff did this, you get your kid the HELL away from him. Why is everyone so calm? I think it's a dupe too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have to give him credit, like mentioned before he has some serious self-control. I screamed like a little girl when I dropped my AK on my big toe....let alone shooting it off. My gilrfriend watched the video with me and said that it's amazing a man can shoot himself.....but what is more amazing is that he can shoot himself and maintain the situation as calm as he could possibly do it.

I think it would be wrong of them to not allow him to keep his job or have more seminars like this, accidents do happen.

And not to his credit, he could have had a life threatening injury that could have killed him in short order without first aid, due to excessive bleeding or shock.  A true alphabet-soup agency idiot.

His speech pattern makes him sound like he needs to be in the seats with the children, listening to an NRA certified safety instructor.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Did you guys listen to Agent Rickey Williams's (or Bob Marley.....seriously...he should be wearing a Jamaican bake T-shirt if he wants to keep those braids) rant about how he doesn't want to chain any black kids because blacks came to this country in chains? What a f#$%ing hypocrite. So now he works for the American government, which taxes and locks up blacks for the crime of using substances that only harm themselves????? I guess if kids want to get high, they can always join the Air Force where they hand out amphetamines to pilots to keep them awake.

[Gubbermint think]I sure am glad men like him are defending my freedoms, so I don't have to risk carrying a Glock 22 around! I might injure myself or someone else! Never play with guns unless you work for the Feds! [/gubbermint think]

"Only a professional" my white German-Slavic half-breed libertarian ass. I don't even think Keenan Ivory Wayans from In Living Color or the folks at Mad TV could have wrote a better comic skit than this idiot. I'm definitely e-mailing this to all of my friends.

Thanks for the link!

themao

AMEN!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I hope that the cops around here are a little more competent than that guy was.  I have stuck my glock in a holster at least once a day for seven years and still have not had an accidental weapons discharge.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Someone please tell me that assclown wasn't a genuine DEA Agent...maybe a local yocal assigned to a task force?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#29]
He should have been IMMEDIATLEY disarmed and removed from the classroom, with another LEO taking his place to redress the situation.

The fact that he was allowed to continue and remained armed after exhibiting the poor judgement of using a loaded weapon as a demonstration to school children is grounds for not only dismissal but also criminal charges against that LEO. Accidents happen but that was gross negligence.
This could have easily resulted in a  negligent homocide. Some of those children will need counseling after that incident (though perhaps not all). Just my opinion.

Simply unbelieveable.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#30]
That DEA agent should lose his job.

That was a negligent discharge (when you pull the trigger and it goes off and you did not want it to). Accidental discharge is when you don't pull the trigger and it goes off.

First he should have checked the chamber and magazine well. For all that think accidents happen, I agree. BUT Negligents NO. What if your kid was in there? Apperently he was not qualified by demonstration. why pull trigger unless you want it to fire.

I am in the US Army and been around guns all my life. I have not had one (NONE) accidential or negligent discharge.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#31]
appears linkie no workie
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I think the whole thing was staged.  I mean, a classroom full of youngsters and all of them sitting calmly??  And the teacher acting all "calm" too??  If a "gun" goes off in a classroom, you better believe there's gonna be some panic going on...from the kids, teacher, and other folks in the classroom.

Also, it just might be me, but when the gun discharged, did it sound "weak"?  I figured it would of sounded pretty loud in an enclosed room. I mean, if this really happened, he would of been removed from the scene, to get medical aid and to get reprimanded later on.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top