Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2002 6:01:17 PM EDT
Ruger Bearcat, do you like 'em? do you hate 'em?

just for carrying along fishing or plinking...
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Cute little pistol.  I think it would be a great pistol for your purposes.  I like the single six's a little better, just because it is the same frame size as my Vaquero, and makes a nice practice piece.  OH, how I need practice with it.  I would pick a bearcat up if I found one at the right price!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't this the round-butt Single Six?  I despise the plowshare Ruger butt on the Blackhawk and Single Six.  I'd jump on a Bearcat if I ever saw a deal on one.  They don't seem to be very common, though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The original ones are worth some money as a collectors item. The reintroduced ones are nice sized for backpacking and plinking. The only drawback is the fixed sights, IMO. With so many kinds of .22 ammo available, it would be harder to find one that hits where you are aiming, if any. On a big magnum of single action, I use the plow grip to recock after the recoil presents the hammer under my thumb. That motion absorbs some of the recoil too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top