Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 11:51:32 AM EDT
Went to the gun store last week to look at some handguns.  I decided that i want an HK .40 compact.  The price on that thing was just over $800.  What the hell?!!?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#2]
A funny thing about the compacts is that they are priced higher than the full size pistols.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
my gun shop has a USPc SS .45 for 525  I jus bought a HK Match .45 for 1200 flat w/tax
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:03:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told by a friend (who may or may not know for sure) that HK is trying to phase out of civilian sales, and the prices I've seen on their guns lately would tend to support this theory.  HK USP's for $679?  Compacts for $779?  

I had a chance to pick up a Compact USP in .40 at a gun show for $550.  I regret not doing it, but the choice was between that and a customized Colt Commander in .45.  No contest.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#6]
HK's are kinda spendy. The full size USPs are hard to come by.

I don't know if it is correct to say that HK is trying to get away from civilian sales, as i've heard that they are trying to improve their civilian customer service.

The compacts are easier to find and there was a LONG wait for full size USps. After September 11th there was large orders placed by the Military and Government. Supposedly, they have caught up on their orders.

Two guys on the HK board said they had waited 10 months for their USPs.

Here in Cali, the compacts tend to be around $800. This may be due to the mandatory testing imposed by this state.

I received my USP 45 full size on April 26th, it cost me $953.xx

Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was told by a friend (who may or may not know for sure) that HK is trying to phase out of civilian sales, and the prices I've seen on their guns lately would tend to support this theory.  HK USP's for $679?  Compacts for $779?  

I had a chance to pick up a Compact USP in .40 at a gun show for $550.  I regret not doing it, but the choice was between that and a customized Colt Commander in .45.  No contest.

Was this at a Holloway show a few months back? I think I saw that gun and passed on it only to go back and get it but it had already sold.

No, this was at a Memphis show about 5 months ago.  I still don't regret the choice I made :)
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 9:49:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:HK's are kinda spendy. The full size USPs are hard to come by.

I don't know if it is correct to say that HK is trying to get away from civilian sales, as i've heard that they are trying to improve their civilian customer service.

I heard it from a gun shop counter clerk, take it for what it's worth ;)

Two guys on the HK board said they had waited 10 months for their USPs.

I'm glad I got the urge to own a USP out of my system when I did.  I just didn't like it, especially after I tried to find some hi-caps for it.  Luckily I pawned it off to some other misguided soul who had succumbed to HK's marketing.  The USP is a decent gun, but it seriously overrated IMO.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like the looks of the new HK pistol coming out this year... sort of a Walther P99/HK USP mutt.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#10]
My shop carries several compacts and full size USPs, and the compacts cost 20-30 bucks more.  It took them a week to get my USP40 in, but I heard that the guy that ordered a USP45 tactical had to wait three months to get his.  HK mags and weapons sure are hard to come by in my corner of the woods at low prices though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top