Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 8:58:28 PM EDT
I'm kind of a newbie to handguns and the glock manual is pretty vague. Can somebody give me some good techniques to cleaning a glock, where to clean, what to lube, etc.. Glock 19 if that matters.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
One point of reference is the Glock manual.  Yes, I know that this is a bit of a "cop out" answer, but it may be considered to be the standard advice.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
www.glockmeister.com/glockinf.html
www.glockfaq.com/maintenance.htm

This should help . If you need any more just let me know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The links will give you all the info that you need for cleaning but I would like to toss out an observation.  I go to an indoor handgun range five days a week and fire from fifty to two hundred rounds of varying types of ammo.  It is a Glock 30 and I have been shooting Federal, Winchester and this week five hundred rounds of Wolf.  In cleaning my weapon I can't tell the difference in shooting fifty rounds and shooting two hundred and fifty.  I've begun cleaning it every five hundred weather it needs it or not...A little bit of CLP goes a long way...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top