Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2014 3:31:20 PM EDT
For anyone who uses the Taran tactical extensions (specifically for Glock) do y'all get any rattling in the mag when it is at capacity.  I am running one in a G17 and once the 18th round is loaded, it gets some rattle.  Thanks

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never used the extensions you speak of but all of my G17 mags rattle when fully loaded so I would assume that the rattle you are getting is normal
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Normal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Just to clarify, this is not a rattle when the mag is inserted.  It almost sounds like there are loose rounds in the mag that aren't being held under tension.  It is fully functional so im not too worried about it but i was just curious.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Normal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I use them and can't remember if there is any rattles, but I can tell you some of my 100% OEM Glock mags rattle when loaded. No big thing...
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine don't rattle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:17:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not uncommon for hi cap pistol mags to have some loose rounds. Not sure how or why it happens but it doesn't seem to cause problems.
View Quote
Most centerfire pistol rounds are tapered, some more than others.

Since the mag isn't curved, the rounds contact each other on the widest part: the rim. This sometimes lets the bullet end to pivot and hit the sides of the mag under, seemingly, no tension.

Perfectly normal, especially with a round as tapered as the 9mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top