Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2013 2:55:20 PM EDT
I just got a glock that has either skate board tape on it or precut panels for the grip. none the less I cant get these things off any pointer? I tried a hair dryer, soaking it in cleaning solvents.Any other thoughts..
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
unless it's a gen 4(or was it gen 3, not a glock user)...the grips are all one piece of the receiver...

are you sure someone didn't modify their grip with a soldering iron? this would be a permanant, non reversable, pretty much non fixable modification...submit pictures (use a image host like imgur if you need to)
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Post a picture cause all grip tapes should be able to remove pretty easily.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
unless it's a gen 4(or was it gen 3, not a glock user)...the grips are all one piece of the receiver...

are you sure someone didn't modify their grip with a soldering iron? this would be a permanant, non reversable, pretty much non fixable modification...submit pictures (use a image host like imgur if you need to)
View Quote

I think he knows the difference between grip tape and the receiver/stipling
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just got a glock that has either skate board tape on it or precut panels for the grip. none the less I cant get these things off any pointer? I tried a hair dryer, soaking it in cleaning solvents.Any other thoughts..
View Quote

If you can get a razor blade under an edge, then get at it with some acetone/alcohol/solvent, it should peel off pretty easily.  You may have to work it slowly with the razor blade until you get enough peeled up to grip with your fingers.  I would advise against heat, as some of the companies making pre-cut panels are using heat-activated adhesives.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think he knows the difference between grip tape/ and the receiver/stipling
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he knows the difference between grip tape/ and the receiver/stipling

you never know.  you know this guy or something?

+1 pics.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Propane torch, take that sucker right off.

Maybe a hair drier on low to soften the glue a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top