Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2002 6:15:27 AM EDT
We have a knife forum but almost no traffic. What would all of you like to see discussed there? Isd there something you folks would like and that we aren't providing? All of the moderators and staff here work hard to find things that will interest you, but we can't always read minds.

Please, if there's something you'd like to see, drop into knives and post a question. We are here to help all of you and make this a fun place to visit, so feel free to ask for the moon. You may only get cheese, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Why ask for a loaf of bread when you can wish for the grocery store.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
..."That`s not a knife...THIS is a knife".................
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No offense meant by this Sig 230, but knives just don't hold the same interest as guns do for most of us-this is a handgun sight.  Maybe I'm speaking for the many, when I shouldn't be(I'm sure someone will let me know).  

Here's my theory.  When I was too young to buy my own guns, knives were fascinating things.  I spent a lot of money on them.  As I got older, knives were just another tool.  I see my students with the same pattern of interest.   They always want to discuss knives(even fantasy swords) with me, because they can own them, order them, buy them, ect.  As soon as these same kids hit 18, all of the sudden their questions about knives turn into guns.  Don't get me wrong, I still love a good knife, and during hunting season, there seem to be more questions on this sight(ar15.com) about knives/multi-tools.  

Oh, BTW, I still collect bayonets for all of my old Military rifles, but they are just an interesting accessory.  Heck, some of them are worth more than the gun!  Putting a 1907  sword-bayonet on a P17 Enfield just makes a nice conversation piece!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Putting a 1907 sword-bayonet on a P17 Enfield just makes a nice conversation piece!

1907 remington bayonet on a 1918 P17 Eddystone

Sig-230 my interest in knives is minimal. I mostly look for utility. However I like Military cutlery.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I love knives, especially no-nonsense tactical knives.  I bought a lot of them when I was younger, but since I got bitten by the gun bug, I can't see spending lots of money on knives.

I'd love to have a SOG Recon Bowie, but what am I gonna do with it?  At least with guns you can shoot them if the urge takes you.

I'd love to have a nice handmade custom folder, but I'd be too worried about losing it.  I'll just stick with my cheap imported junk... I don't feel bad about doing all the things with them that you're not supposed to do with a knife: use it as a screwdriver, hammer, prybar, shovel, etc.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#5]
HHHMMM......wonder what the gun bug looks like.........Although I have felt his sting...many-many times........I`ve never actually SEEN the little bastard........anyone have a photo?...............
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Putting a 1907 sword-bayonet on a P17 Enfield just makes a nice conversation piece!

1907 remington bayonet on a 1918 P17 Eddystone

Make that a Jan. 1918 P17 Eddystone!!!  What a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, guys I disagree on this one.  
I have been buying custom and high-end production knives since before I was able to legally buy handguns and continuce to do so today (45 in a little over a week).
I buy knives just as I buy custom holster rigs...to go with certain firearms or to fill a certain use.
Last count I had about 8 "tactical" folders, 4 butterfly knives, 6 autos and a whole slew of fixed blades, to include Randall, SOG, Blackjack, Cold Steel, Ontario, Buck, Strider, etc.
They are a part of the "package" approach...a knife is just a tool...but then so is a firearm.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top