Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2013 10:22:22 PM EDT
thoughts on each? which would you prefer? looking for a cheaper range/HD pistol. not gonna be carried
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my P07, use it as my nightstand gun.

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the FNX
Like the way it looks better and I think you'd have more fun and feel more comfortable with a larger frame(but not too big) for a range or HD gun.
The FNX trigger feels much better than the P-07's in my opinion as well.
That's just me though.
Only real way for you to decide is to hold both and try both triggers cause only you can decide which is better for you
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:54:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a 9mm P-07 Duty for several years but sold it last year and recently picked up an FNX-45. P-07 has great ergonomics and a very light trigger but sharp recoil for a pistol that size. I added a Zahal recoil reduction rod but never could get really good groups out of it. Around the same time I bought a Bersa Thunder 9mm Hi cap and right out of the box the Bersa shot better groups every time, even though the P-07 seemed to be a better made pistol. I still have a CZ 97B in .45 which is a great shooter, if CZ75s shoot as good as that I'd recommend that over a P-07. I love the FNX, although the trigger isn't as light it breaks clean and has the softest recoil of any of my .45s and my groupings have been great since my first trip to the range. Neither guns were picky with ammo or had any functional issues. Both early P-07s and FNXs have some issues so do some research and get a bug free unit if you're shopping used. if you really want a poly CZ I'd look closer at the P-09. My P-07 wasn't a bad gun, I just never seemed to 'master' it...
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I much prefer the ergos of the FNX.   The P07 just felt all kinds of wrong, especially the controls.   The reported frame warping issues are another turnoff.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vioyf6.jpg
View Quote

where did you get that mag extension???
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had a 9mm P-07 Duty for several years but sold it last year and recently picked up an FNX-45. P-07 has great ergonomics and a very light trigger but sharp recoil for a pistol that size. I added a Zahal recoil reduction rod but never could get really good groups out of it. Around the same time I bought a Bersa Thunder 9mm Hi cap and right out of the box the Bersa shot better groups every time, even though the P-07 seemed to be a better made pistol. I still have a CZ 97B in .45 which is a great shooter, if CZ75s shoot as good as that I'd recommend that over a P-07. I love the FNX, although the trigger isn't as light it breaks clean and has the softest recoil of any of my .45s and my groupings have been great since my first trip to the range. Neither guns were picky with ammo or had any functional issues. Both early P-07s and FNXs have some issues so do some research and get a bug free unit if you're shopping used. if you really want a poly CZ I'd look closer at the P-09. My P-07 wasn't a bad gun, I just never seemed to 'master' it...
View Quote

My experience with a P-07 is similar regarding muzzle flip of the gun, it feels like a CZ 40 P.  Fortunately, I got the factory threaded gun for a suppressor host.  With my Isis-2 9mm mounted shooting subs, the P-07 feels like a .22LR pistol.  I do not have any complaints about the accuracy of mine, but I have't shoot groups with it.  Any target I could hit with a Glock 19 or 1911 I can hit with the P-07, be it is a A zone of a USPSA silhouette or a bounce a shotgun hull.  The smallish (compared to G19) grip and the light single action trigger, do cause me to occasionally hold the gun too lightly which does negatively affect the accuracy.  Overall I like the P-07.

I do not care for the FNX.  I don't like DA/SA, nor dual function decocker/safeties.  I don't like where the lever is located, with a normal comfortable grip the lever is right where my thumb is.  Too high to ride like a 1911.  Too low to be out of the way.  The trigger is way behind the P-07 in quality.  Look at the no manual safety FNS.

TL/DR: Glock 19
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My experience with a P-07 is similar regarding muzzle flip of the gun, it feels like a CZ 40 P.  Fortunately, I got the factory threaded gun for a suppressor host.  With my Isis-2 9mm mounted shooting subs, the P-07 feels like a .22LR pistol.  I do not have any complaints about the accuracy of mine, but I have't shoot groups with it.  Any target I could hit with a Glock 19 or 1911 I can hit with the P-07, be it is a A zone of a USPSA silhouette or a bounce a shotgun hull.  The smallish (compared to G19) grip and the light single action trigger, do cause me to occasionally hold the gun too lightly which does negatively affect the accuracy.  Overall I like the P-07.

I do not care for the FNX.  I don't like DA/SA, nor dual function decocker/safeties.  I don't like where the lever is located, with a normal comfortable grip the lever is right where my thumb is.  Too high to ride like a 1911.  Too low to be out of the way.  The trigger is way behind the P-07 in quality.  Look at the no manual safety FNS.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no g19 lol. my dad has one and i just cant shoot with it. but you would say that the p-07 grip is SMALLER than the g19??? smaller how? shorter? not as big around?
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

no g19 lol. my dad has one and i just cant shoot with it. but you would say that the p-07 grip is SMALLER than the g19??? smaller how? shorter? not as big around?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The grip is smaller in circumference on P-07, but just a bit taller than a G19.  One of the reasons I got it for a suppressor host.  While I am enamored with my 19, I had shoot a few suppressed and with the added weight on the end of the muzzle, the 19 feels like it is trying to roll out of my hand.  The CZ P-07 is just enough longer that is ends past the heel of my hand.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The grip is smaller in circumference on P-07, but just a bit taller than a G19.  One of the reasons I got it for a suppressor host.  While I am enamored with my 19, I had shoot a few suppressed and with the added weight on the end of the muzzle, the 19 feels like it is trying to roll out of my hand.  The CZ P-07 is just enough longer that is ends past the heel of my hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

gotcha. yea, i really dont like having my pinky hanging off when shooting. i plan on going to the shop next week to actually handle a p-07 to see how it feels
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
FN product ,
Also interested to hear other comments , I have not shot the FNX , but I have held several and dry fired - trigger and ergos seem better for me

My experience with the CZ was not that great , I rented one at a range to try and did not like it , felt cheap and "block like " controls were hard to reach and difficult to operate ( I understand it was a rental with gosh no how many rounds down range ) I was considering buying one - not now

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]
i have a P07 and I love the ergo's (i don't find the gun blocky compared to a glock, and I can reach the safety, mag and slide release easily. I have average hands. it also points extremely well) trigger is great, and the group sizes can get pretty small for a "compact" gun. knock on wood mine has been 100% with no malfunctions. I have shot a FNX, it was a great gun but I think the PO7 is a little nicer in the trigger department.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vioyf6.jpg

From CZ, damned thing was $37 but it's made out of billet steel! my writeup:  
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_37/138626_Factory__2_extensions_for_P_07_and_P_09_mags____Now_with_PIC___.html

Muzzleflip on mine seems minimal, but for 5 years I had to Qualify with a Beretta and those have TERRIBLE muzzle flip, so maybe I notice it less?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
It's probably not obvious from the picture but there's a serious taper in the frame where your thumb & trigger finger are, this makes the gun feel much smaller than a Glock 9mm. The controls are oversized but fairly flat, an easy gun to operate with gloves on. As mentioned above, there were some issues with frames buldging as a pin walked out, it could easily be pushed back in by hand and did no permenant damage, i think this was addressed around the late AA or early AB S/Ns, the CZ forums have specifics.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's probably not obvious from the picture but there's a serious taper in the frame where your thumb & trigger finger are, this makes the gun feel much smaller than a Glock 9mm. The controls are oversized but fairly flat, an easy gun to operate with gloves on. As mentioned above, there were some issues with frames buldging as a pin walked out, it could easily be pushed back in by hand and did no permenant damage, i think this was addressed around the late AA or early AB S/Ns, the CZ forums have specifics.
View Quote

Basically, buy a new one and you'll be fine
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I shot a P07 in 9mm, weird. Pretty much shoots like a Witness. Things I didn't like about it included the really short slide, and I found myself grabbing the frame when trying to rack the slide because it was so small. Shoots nice, but just not a fan of the slide height. I didn't really notice the lower bore axis, but that's probably just me. Big plus though, it's almost half the price of the FNX. That being said, I only had mine for a few months, part of a trade/loan program with a buddy. I do have an FNX 45 Tactical now, and it's a completely different gun. I like it much more, but like I said, it's almost twice the price of a P07.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I much prefer the ergos of the FNX.   The P07 just felt all kinds of wrong, especially the controls.   The reported frame warping issues are another turnoff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This has been fixed with the current models and the warped ones do not affect function.

Quoted:
I shot a P07 in 9mm, weird. Pretty much shoots like a Witness. Things I didn't like about it included the really short slide, and I found myself grabbing the frame when trying to rack the slide because it was so small. Shoots nice, but just not a fan of the slide height. I didn't really notice the lower bore axis, but that's probably just me. Big plus though, it's almost half the price of the FNX. That being said, I only had mine for a few months, part of a trade/loan program with a buddy. I do have an FNX 45 Tactical now, and it's a completely different gun. I like it much more, but like I said, it's almost twice the price of a P07.

Like any handgun you need to train with it, the slide height is a training issue, not a handgun issue. If you train with your handgun, and train to manipulate the slide correctly then it is a non issue. You just need to know that before you buy it, if it is a safe queen and you don't practice with it, then yes you will be disappointed.

I have a P-07 and FNX .45, If it says anything, I got the FNX first, then wanted a 9mm and went with the P-07 after holding it since it was much better in MY hands than the FNX 9. My P-07 has been through hell in training and I havent had an issue beyond the shitty sights it comes with, replace those with metal sights ASAP.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#17]
so i held a p-07 today and then put it on layaway. and for $450, i thought it was pretty good value (was also one with an extended barrel, i assume it was threaded, i didnt look, and night sights..but it was 515.) nice little bday present to myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top