Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 9:51:29 AM EDT
I`m thinking about either a Para Companion C7.45 LDA or Glock 27. Personally what I don`t like about the Para is it`s SS. I`d have to get it blackened. What I like about it: Thumb safety,slim grip, nice trigger, and it`s .45 acp.
What I like about the Glock 27:
It`s easy to maintain.
ten round vs. 7
What I don`t like about the G27:
It`s a bit thick compared to a 1911.
No external safeties.

Price really isn`t a factor here. I`d appreciate any opinions. Thanx in advance. Bob
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:I`m thinking about either a Para Companion C7.45 LDA or Glock 27. Personally what I don`t like about the Para is it`s SS. I`d have to get it blackened. What I like about it: Thumb safety,slim grip, nice trigger, and it`s .45 acp.
What I like about the Glock 27:
It`s easy to maintain.
ten round vs. 7
What I don`t like about the G27:
It`s a bit thick compared to a 1911.
No external safeties.

Price really isn`t a factor here. I`d appreciate any opinions. Thanx in advance. Bob

Get the Para.  It's a blast to shoot.  The chopped mini-Glocks are too thick and too short.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I also recommend the Para, especially if it will be a carry gun.

I just don't trust the Glock enough to carry as protection.

The combination of a light trigger, and no ext safety on the Glock is just asking for a problem.

I have heard of people shooting them selves in the leg or foot while trying to pull a Glock from a concealed holster.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd have to vote for the LDA. I've got a buddy that just bought one for CCW. He's been shooting a Government model colt for the last 23 years and said the transition was EASY.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Personnaly, I'd go with the Glock, and have to agree with Aimless in regard to drawing and mode of carry.  However this question is like comparing apples to oranges, they are two totally different guns.  As someone with formal training with revolvers, my main reason for the Glock seems to be Arbob's main reason to lean toward the Para (the external safety, I don't like them).
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd go with the para, but I'd get the SiG 220 before I got either of those. The 220 has to be the most reliable, most accurate out-of-the-box 45 semi out there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I personally don't care for the LDA's trigger pull.  It feels mushy and weird to me.
I'd either get the Glock or buy a real single-action 1911.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I finall decided and bought the Para.Obviously a bit heavier than the  Glock. The slide release is a bit stiff. It`s difflcult to depress. Some range use is obviously in order.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the slide stop hard to press with an empty mag in or without? If it is hard to press with an empty mag in, thats a good thing. It will help remind you if you are trying to drop the slide on an empty mag in a bad situation. It will smooth out a little after while though. The surfaces of the metal will mate and smooth out. Rnage use is a perfect remedy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top