Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 5:24:34 AM EDT
Seems like my only major beef has been corrected. The newer Mil-specs frames are rounded off, front strap & dust cover, like the original 1911-A1. I wonder if all of the models are being included? Look how many years they have  been making a square, blocky .45, even the trigger guards are thick. I dont know about you, but to me, it stuck out like a sore thumb. True, it never hurt function at all. I was going to alter mine, once (and if) the parkerizing gets worn. (been 12 years, still mint)
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Youre` supposed to shoot the thing....not look at it...........(just kidding...just kidding).....
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats true but its gotta fit in the holster, dont it? The new rounded ones look more appealing and traditional. Melted 1911s look good too. But the SA "95% finished" offerings just dont look right. (I feel so alone on this issue)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:41:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:Thats true but its gotta fit in the holster, dont it? The new rounded ones look more appealing and traditional. Melted 1911s look good too. But the SA "95% finished" offerings just dont look right. (I feel so alone on this issue)

I got rid of the only Springfield I owned (a Champion) partly because it had such sharp edges.  And partly because it wouldn't shoot worth a damn.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Well.......O-K......but I really don`t know.........all mine say...COLT.........
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]

This Springfield Mil-Spec is a couple years old now.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This Springfield Mil-Spec is a couple years old now.

And its a "square" one. Look at the metal in front of the grip, its not radiused like any other 1911. (Almost up to the grip) The dust cover is the same, as is the trigger guard, a little thick. I've only seen pictures of the new Mil-spec model and they got it right. Mine was made around '90, its called a 90s edition on the card board box.  I love it, but it is not as comfortable or pleasing to the eye, IMO. 4 of mine do say Colt. The SA is my "beater" and the 645 stays in the safe, until I find another one for everyday use.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I like this one

It might not be rounded, but holsters nicely in NSAII
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Me too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top