Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 7:37:49 AM EDT
I'm looking for a full size HK 45cal. pistol for my nightstand.
I have a USP40 compact as my ccw but want something different for the range and home.
I was looking at the standard usp but then the idea of adj. sights and match trigger seemed like a better idea.
What is my best option? I think the tactical meets my needs but since I live in Ct the threaded barrel is a waste.All the other options seem to have levers on both sides?I dont plan on carrying this ccw but would like to keep it reasonable in size just incase i want to carry it.
Let me know what my best option is.
Thanks,
Tim
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like you need a HK USP fullsize .45acp--h/w, it does not come w/ a match trigger

most have reccommeded me the HK tactical--they say its worth it

are threaded bbls illegal in CT?

p.s.: the tactical will be a little harder to CCW than a fullsize USP, but the full size is already hard enough--check out HKPRO.com and HK's site for dimentions and other HK optinions
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The threaded barrel is legal just not the fun can for the end.
If I get the standard usp can i put adj. sights on it easily?
Also, Does anyone strongly reccomend the match trigger over the standard or is it a waste.
I would probably go with the tactical for the adj. sights and trigger upgrade even though the threaded barrel does me know good.
Thanks,
tim
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#3]
You could just get a regular USP and get a match trigger installed. If the gun's main purpose is strictly home defense, the match trigger and adjustable sights probably won't be that important, considering most shots will not be over 7 yards. Also consider this, as a home defense gun, the fullsize won't be perceived as "evil" as the Tactical. I know, that's stupid, but the reality is if you were ever forced to use the gun, the prosecutor would use the word "tactical" and the "evil" threaded barrel as ammo against you.  

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Adjustable sights and a Match Trigger installation will put you close to the same price as a Tactical. However, you may want to get night sights, which you'd be paying extra for sights anyway, even on the Tactical. I highly recommend springing for the Tactical. I don't really listen to the talk about being prosecuted in court for having an "evil" pistol, but that's me. I figure if I’m in the right, I’ll prevail in court (especially with the help of a good attorney), and if I’m wrong in shooting somebody, I’m fucked either way. I doubt it will matter to the D.A. whether or not you used a threaded barrel or not. If they want to prosecute you, they will try either way, and you will be defending yourself regardless. Any lawyer worth a grain of salt could easily counter the argument that the Tactical’s threaded barrel makes it any more offensive than any other pistol. I've heard the same thing about the old Black Talon ammo, another item people say you should not use because it's so evil and lawyers will have a field day with it. I always ask if anybody has any examples of cases where somebody defending themselves with a threaded barrel or Black Talon ammo or any particular kind of "evil" weapon was a primary issue in court. So far, I haven't heard of any.

And yes, I carry mine as my CCW.

On a related note, I ordered some Heinie night sights for my Tactical last week and I should have them tomorrow (hopefully). Can’t wait to try them out at the range!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Alien,
Let me know about the Heinie's!  I just got a USP45F and I'm contemplating a set of Heinie's for mine too.

Rich
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:05:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice guys.
I'm gonna go with the tactical and upgrade to night sights when I can afford it.
I see your point Red but I'm one of those pricks who doesnt like being intimidated or made to feel guilty by my own gov. for chosing something thats perfectly legal.I hope to hell I never have to use the pistol for more than target practice but if I do it will be as a last resort and I will hope that the laws that I abide by will do there job and protect me from wrongful prosecution.
Tim
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
No problemPersonally I think the Tac is one (if not the) best handgun HK makes. Just wanted to throw out a couple of other choices. You won't be dissapointed in the Tac.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top