Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 7:41:53 AM EDT
Everyone is concerned with recoil these  days, they talk about uncontrollable patterns in 5 second intervals. Who needs patterns when your goal is one shot one hit? Any comments are appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:33:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Recoil is easily managed with proper grip and training. women who weigh 110 pounds with small hands can master the recoil of a 1911 in .45cal. Recoil is overcome by most with practice. once the "flinch is gone" the recoil seems to be less and less perceived.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Recoil bothers me if I shoot alot, after I got my hand/wrist hurt in an accident it will hurt after alot of high recoil rounds.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Even if there was such a thing as a one shot stop, I think one would have to be extremely over confident to assume that they could hit with their first shot...in a suprised situation...possibly one handed...possibly in the dark... possibly while trying to take cover...possibly while the target is moving...possibly when being shot at... possibly while on the ground... possibly at a target that is partically behind solid cover... possibly ....well the point is, I think being able to recover and get back on target is essential.  I would never count on a one shot stop.  Imagine 300lbs of heavily clothed drug freak at seven yards and five seconds is four and half seconds too late.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Everyone is concerned with recoil these  days, they talk about uncontrollable patterns in 5 second intervals. Who needs patterns when your goal is one shot one hit? Any comments are appreciated.

I'm more concerned in 5 shot groups in under a second--hitting each shot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe he was talking about a 20 mm grenade launcher handgun for one shot????  That you might only need one shot.  But then again, I haven't seen one of those.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I have to say that the guy at the range last week with the .500 S&W had a significant pause between shots (greater than 5 sec.). I think that handcannon would result in SIGNIFICANT recoil. But than again, few would carry that as a CCW, LOL
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Few people ever shoot their weapons at a living target and it really shows on the internet. You can realistically expect to get one or two well aimed shots at a target before it and /or you  are out of  a proper field of fire. Sometimes a third shot is available but more times than not. Think of it  like a high speed chess game where you have to make a move and then counter. Recoil does NOT come into play with a reasonable handgun choice and that means forget the trendy ultra-lites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top