Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 12:13:07 PM EDT
Has anyone here "bobtailed" their full-size 1911? If so, I'd like to see pics.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That is the first bobtail they have ever done. It was a little difficult to talk them into it, but they did it. Now they are equipped, experienced and comfortable with performing bobtails. They did a heck of a job!

Be well!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks nice. I've handle an Ed Brown but wondered how my full-size would feel if bobbed.

Damian, is this a service RRA performs now on customer supplied frames?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Bobtails have a very different feel from a standard 1911 grip. Almost "revolver-like", for want of a better term.
One of my good friends just purchased a new D.W. bobtail commander, and it is really sweet.
I still prefer my standard flat MSHs, but it might be worth it to own just one round butt 1911.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looks nice. I've handle an Ed Brown but wondered how my full-size would feel if bobbed.

Damian, is this a service RRA performs now on customer supplied frames?

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:21:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Can this be safely done to an aluminum frame?

Is there a plastic or carbon-fiber MSH available in bobtailed confirguration?

It's a modification I would consider if I could prevent switching back to an aluminum or steel MSH and gaining back that ounce of weight.

(I'm thinking about doing this to an aluminum frame that currently has a plastic MSH, if that makes any sense...)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is there a plastic or carbon-fiber MSH available in bobtailed confirguration?

Not that I am aware of.

Be well!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top