Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2005 11:40:05 PM EDT
I spotted a new Kimber Tactical Pro II .45 ACP pistol in a local dealer's showcase today.  Had only seen magazine pictures of this particular pistol until now.  I've got to say that this gun LOOKED fantastic!

I've been trying to do research on the gun via the 'net and I am now very confused!  The gun is either a complete piece of shit, or it is a fantastic gun that works great right from the box.  Hey... that's what I've read so far --- one extreme or the other.

So, does anyone here own one of these pistols?  Is it worth the $$$?  The local dealer has $900 on the price tag --- is that a fair price??

Please give me some input!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine has been good but it only has a few hundred rounds through it. Most of the problems you hear about with Kimber is with the MIM parts. If they were made correctly they have a decent service life. If not, they break.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I spotted a new Kimber Tactical Pro II .45 ACP pistol in a local dealer's showcase today.  Had only seen magazine pictures of this particular pistol until now.  I've got to say that this gun LOOKED fantastic!

I've been trying to do research on the gun via the 'net and I am now very confused!  The gun is either a complete piece of shit, or it is a fantastic gun that works great right from the box.  Hey... that's what I've read so far --- one extreme or the other.

So, does anyone here own one of these pistols?  Is it worth the $$$?  The local dealer has $900 on the price tag --- is that a fair price??

Please give me some input!!

You can find them cheaper on gunbroker.

For example:

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=27626380

I almost bought this one cuz it was a great price. He still has these type of Kimbers for sale listed for less than $900. I just checked. He has the tactical ultra carry for $854, and the Full size Tactical Custom for $879.

Edited to add: here are his current listings for Kimber tacticals

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=27446745

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=23436973{

You might want to check the rest of gunbroker for an even better price, but he was the cheapest I have found so far.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Found an even cheaper one for you:

$835 brand new in the box

www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=27383481

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Went back to the dealer today.  Was prepared to play the "Let's make a deal" game on the Tactical Pro II.  They knew (from my visit the day before) that I was also interested in the Eclipse Target II model.  They didn't have an Eclipse Target II on Thursday --- but they had just traded for one today, shortly before I got there.  The Eclipse Target II was damned beautiful!!  It jumped into my truck and went home with me! :)

Thanks for input.  

Terminal Velocity, over and out!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess I'm late on this one but I own a Tactical Pro II and it has been completely flawless.  Love it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guess I'm late on this one but I own a Tactical Pro II and it has been completely flawless.  Love it.

If I had enough money I would have tried to take that gun home, too!  I'll see how it goes with the Eclipse Target II --- it's not my first 1911, but it IS my first Kimber.  If it proves to be a really good gun I just might have to pick up a Tactical Pro II --- that was a sweet lookin' gun!! :)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mine has been good but it only has a few hundred rounds through it. Most of the problems you hear about with Kimber is with the MIM parts. If they were made correctly they have a decent service life. If not, they break.

MIM parts SUCK!!!!!!!
I had a brand new SA loaded, after 150 rounds (230 gr. hardball) it broke the hammer in half!
Why these companies put that SHIT in their products boggles my mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top