Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2005 12:40:12 PM EDT
Made an impulse purchase today .

Bought a USP Tactical. Ever have buyers remorse? It happens every time I make a big purchase. I put a few things for sale on the EE to pay for it. Once again, I have the cart in front of the horse. Anyone want to offer some words of inspiration? Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced light adapter?

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a sickness.

There is hope, however...the new 12 Step Plan for ending gun addiction.

Step one: Send the firearm in question to me for proper action...don't ask what that will be as it will only prolong your agony.

Step Two: Send me any other firearms you happen to have laying around...I will take care of them as well...I know, I know...selfless of me, but I have much compassion for you and your situation.

We are still working out the glitches on the other ten steps, but these two will do for starters since they will immediately remove that feeling of buyers remorse and personal guilt you are having now. In the future, if you have any spare funds available for gun buying, you may also transfer them directly to the account number I will send via followup IM.

Good Luck (remember...it's for the children...and all mine are grown and gone)

Mike
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty funny. What was your addy again so I can get it in the mail. Shall I overnite it .

I don't know why this happens to me. Maybe it's some form of post partum (sp) blues.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Atleast you bought something good!

Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I could impulse buy one of those...
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wish I could impulse buy one of those...

Me too brother!

Bomber;

Overnight will do just fine
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If youre going to impulse buy something, a USP tactical is a good thing buy. I believe its the best defensive handgun out there. I have a USP 9mm and would very much like a Tactical. Dont worry about it - now if you would have bought a Glock...
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The best way to cure buyer's remorse in your case is to go out and shoot the Tac.  Remorse will be gone with the first shot.  While I like my carry USPC .45 better because it fits me better, of the USPs the Tac is by far the favorite.  It has everything going for it without the extra expense of the Expert, Elite, and SOCOMs, which I also own.
If I had too choose one pistol of the entire USP line it would be the Tactical.  If you don't agree that this is the best handgun purchase you have ever made after shooting a few hundred rounds through it I'll eat my hat.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll offer you $20 for it as a way to end your guilt and help you get some of those funds back. Since I'm so generous, I'll even pay the shipping
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Buyers remorse is a very real thing and must be handled carefully.

I too had much remorse after buying my TAC. I still feel remorse as I pass over other .45's in the safe for the HK. My remorse is even stronger when I shoot out the X ring on a target, and then another, and another.

My only suggested course of action is to find a suitable target for your remorse, then shoot it full of holes. If you are still feeling remorse, I would recommend purchasing more ammunition and repeating as necessary.

Remember, buyers remorse is a dangerous syndrome that, left untreated, can lead to depression, loneliness, and constant pleas for sympathy on web-boards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/jgelner/Other/HKTACTICAL.jpg

-LeadPumper
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
You won't have any remorse after you actually start shooting it. I love mine. It is by far the best shooting pistol I've ever shot and it fits my hand perfectly. Now you're going to have to buy accessories! I just ordered some Heinie night sights for mine. Normal capacity magazines are still slightly difficult to find. I've only been able to aquire 2 12 round mags, but I want to at least get a third (for a total of 5 magazines). I should probably look into getting a nice light for it too. And of course a suppressor is a definate must down the road!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't fight it. Your next impulse purchase should be a tactical light for your USP. Then the next impulse purchase should be a suppressor. I've gone down the same road... got the USP Tactical, then the UTL, suppressor is next.

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't have buyers remorse.  There are BBQ grills that cost more than your latest addition.  Props to you.  Nice job.  Go and shoot it now and you will quickly get over it.............
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I actually just impulse bought one of these... I was looking for an RLII but when they said it would be like 8 weeks till the backorders are filled I went for the tactical and not looking back... I too feel this is the best shooting handgun I own bar-none...

9 out of 10 shots at 25 yards in a small coffee can.. just playing around... I almost thought I had lost my mind until I saw the holes...

Mine:
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys! I'm starting to feel better. I'll get out this Sunday for a fix. I have a M3 light already. I just need a source for an adapter (GGG) and an OD Safriland 6004 holster.

Any ideas on some one who carries both?

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I hear a :

Calling your name!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep.
I just did the same thing last week, 'cept I got a "plain" USP45 .

Now I need to figger out what the best light that fits my budget ($200-ish) for my new baby.  I already got 5 hi caps on the way.  This is my new "nightstand" gun

I also plan on getting a set of Heinie sights for it.

R
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Trumpet,

You reminded me, I need mags. So can anyone help with sources for:

Magazines
light rail
Safriland 6004 (OD)

The preference would be to buy from one source.

Any ammo considerations? I currently have 300+ rounds of Win. white box I bought to shoot in my USC/UMP conversion gun.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Leadpumper,

Beautiful Pic.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Buy a can for it and have fun, dont look back!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#20]
You don't need words of encouragement.  You've purchased an awesome weapon, I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The best way to cure buyer's remorse in your case is to go out and shoot the Tac.  Remorse will be gone with the first shot.  While I like my carry USPC .45 better because it fits me better, of the USPs the Tac is by far the favorite.  It has everything going for it without the extra expense of the Expert, Elite, and SOCOMs, which I also own.
If I had too choose one pistol of the entire USP line it would be the Tactical.  If you don't agree that this is the best handgun purchase you have ever made after shooting a few hundred rounds through it I'll eat my hat.

I agree completely.  My Tactical is my favorite handgun I've ever shot.  I've shot Berettas, Glocks, Paras, Kimbers, and Les Baers, but nothing compares to my Tac.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a streamlight M2 on my USP .40, and I think its a great light for the price.

skip the adapter and just get one of those.  Its all the light you need and then some.

My HK collection as of now is lacking a USP Tac.  But, its gonna be on the way soon.  Got 8 12 rounders for my MK23, and they work in the USP just fine, so I'll have mags set too.

Can't wait, I love that gun.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#23]

I got a vortex flash hider for it. I just need an ITL light.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Very Nice purchase Bomber....
Sean
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Let me know how they work for you. I have been seriously wanting one of those for quite a while. I'm wondering, will they also work for a CCW or are they too big and pointy?

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Let me know how they work for you. I have been seriously wanting one of those for quite a while. I'm wondering, will they also work for a CCW or are they too big and pointy?

-Foxxz

I carry one in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster and it conceals fairly well. I am thinking about getting a non threaded barrel for carry though. The threaded barrel makes it poke down that much deeper into my pants. I'm a semi big guy though (5"11 230). The key things are a great belt and holster, both of which Milt Sparks sell (just be prepared for a wait if you do place an order). My main issue is that I need a good mag carrier. I will probably look into getting a single or double carrier from Milt Sparks or Galco (if I can't stand to wait). I have two Safariland CD Auto Mag holders, but they don't hold the mag very securely, though you can wrap a thick rubberband around the mag/holder to fix this. That however is ghetto.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:26:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

-Foxxz

I personally wouldnt carry it CCW...but thats only my opinion... just a little too large for my taste... but then again I have a G27 with laser that I really like to carry...
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#28]
WOW!  I love impulse buys

In fact, I'm visiting my local shop this afternoon and I wonder what will follow me home?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The Tactical is an OK gun but you can go get a cup of coffee and a cigarette while the slide is cycling.

OUCH! I have a USP9 SD so that hurts me too!

I think you need to go out and "impulse buy" an IMPULS. It's only logical, don't you think?

Brugger & Thomet IMPULS IIA
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The Tactical is an OK gun but you can go get a cup of coffee and a cigarette while the slide is cycling.

Very True.  My G21 feels like that too especially after I've just shot my G20.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow.  I guess I don't feel so bad for the impulse buy honey roasted peanuts I got at the gas station this morning...

Congrats on the new pistol.  They have one for rent at the local range and I have resisted because, as it turns out, they also have them for sale.  A man needs to know his limitations...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Wow.  I guess I don't feel so bad for the impulse buy honey roasted peanuts I got at the gas station this morning...

Congrats on the new pistol.  They have one for rent at the local range and I have resisted because, as it turns out, they also have them for sale.  A man needs to know his limitations...

I swear to god, it doesn't hurt , go for it.

Bomber

PS then again as far as the bank account gors, it's gonna leave mark

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#34]

as far as the bank account gors, it's gonna leave mark

Bomber

yes, but time (and paychecks) heal all wounds
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Well I took it out today. Everything you guys said was right. It's very very accurate and controllable during rapid fire. The included case was a nice touch. Buyers romorse....say good bye.

I wish I brought my camera, forgot it . The Tactical makes a nice companion to my USC/UMP conversion gun.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought my M1A on impulse, Glock 26, M1Garand, 92F wait a minute, I'm seeing a trend. Be happy in your impulses.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Dude, 2/3rds of our guns were impulse buys.  Or 'smoking deals' as our dealer calls them.  If he needs to get rid of something and either of us come in, he says I've got a smoking deal on this or that.  It's hard to resist when you can sometimes get stuff for under dealer cost or at least 1/3rd off.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top