Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2012 2:36:48 PM EDT
Well first a couple pics LOVE the way this gun feels!

Here is the question, the way the barrel is down on the slide, is anything wrong?

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No, most short barrel guns look like that(no bushing)
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No, most short barrel guns look like that(no bushing)

So no it's not normal?
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
No,I believe he is saying it is a normal thing in shorter barrel handguns due to not having a bushing.

I just looked at my M&P40c and have the same thing but have never had a problem in close to 1000 rounds with this gun.

Take it out and shoot it, you will love it even more and forget about the way the barrel looks in the slide.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Its normal.

My 9c looks exactly the same.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, normal.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, normal.

Yup GTG.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Normal.  The extra cut-out space in the slide is needed for when the barrel tips up when the slide moves to the rear.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:05:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Normal.  The extra cut-out space in the slide is needed for when the barrel tips up when the slide moves to the rear.

100%Correct! Good choice on picking this pistol OP, and another good choice on the caliber. I carry the same pistol every day in a Milt Sparks Summer Carry II holster... Get some 180 grain Federal HST's and your GTG.
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get some 180 grain Federal HST's and your GTG.

That's the plan, just wish I could find them local.

Going to go shoot it and the black rifle in about an hour when it warms up just a little!
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yep, normal.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going to go shoot it and the black rifle in about an hour when it warms up just a little!

SGammo.com has them. I buy the overrun ammo from them. They are the exact same as the regular packaged boxes made for an agency except the brass cases are not nickel plated. Oh, and the fact that they are a good bit cheaper and come in a plain jane white box...
Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SGammo.com has them. I buy the overrun ammo from them. They are the exact same as the regular packaged boxes made for an agency except the brass cases are not nickel plated. Oh, and the fact that they are a good bit cheaper and come in a plain jane white box...

That 180 grain HST white box XM40HC is terrific ammo; I've shot thousands of rounds of it through my M&P .40 without a problem of any kind and it is very accurate too.

I believe it's a drop hotter than the normal, nickel plated case, 180 grain P40HST1 in the regular 50 round law enforcement box.

I usually wouldn't recommend any XM ammo for self defense but I've shot an awful lot of this stuff and I am 100% confident in it.

Link Posted: 11/10/2012 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That 180 grain HST white box XM40HC is terrific ammo; I've shot thousands of rounds of it through my M&P .40 without a problem of any kind and it is very accurate too.

I believe it's a drop hotter than the normal, nickel plated case, 180 grain P40HST1 in the regular 50 round law enforcement box.

I usually wouldn't recommend any XM ammo for self defense but I've shot an awful lot of this stuff and I am 100% confident in it.

I trust it too. I have it loaded in my upstairs HD pistol, a mid-size M&P40 with a TLR1 and in my EDC, an M&P40c. I figure if it was intended for law enforcement it's good enough for my needs...
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 7:12:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing it on there. I'd like to buy some to give it a try in my 40c.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I'm blind, but I'm not seeing it on there. I'd like to buy some to give it a try in my 40c.

This stuff?

SGammo link
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:06:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This stuff?

SGammo link

Everything I'm reading is saying that link is the PDX1 and not HST. http://boardreader.com/thread/40_S_W_Winchester_Q4369_vs_PDX1_180_gr_B_9t1pXqjlp.html
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:13:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a 40c and a shield and I love them both.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This stuff?

SGammo link

No.

XM40 HC is basically the same as this stuff, 180 grain HST in the LEO boxes,  but without the nickel plated cases and it's a drop hotter and a lot less expensive and comes in  a plain white box marked HX40HC.

It's not always available, SG Ammo only offers it when they can get some.

http://sgammo.com/product/federal/50rd-40-hst-180-grain-federal-hollow-point-ammo-p40hst1
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#20]
It's normal in most handguns with a browning type of locked breech.

Front of the barrel is pinched between the hole in the slide when everything gets locked up.  I think SIG came up with this.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Not like mine.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top