Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2004 9:06:53 PM EDT
"With the .40 mm out there now I don't know why the average Joe would need something else. The 9mm is more powerful, but the .40 has less recoil and very user friendly. Obviously some people prefer the more powerful gun and that is their choice... I just mean the person who has a gun in their house for that "just incase senario"

"The .45 is an insane weapon, you can hit someone anywhere with that and they are going to get knocked down. "
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What forum?
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"With the .40 mm out there now I don't know why the average Joe would need something else. The 9mm is more powerful, but the .40 has less recoil and very user friendly. Obviously some people prefer the more powerful gun and that is their choice... I just mean the person who has a gun in their house for that "just incase senario"

"The .45 is an insane weapon, you can hit someone anywhere with that and they are going to get knocked down. "

Thats not a true statement.  Buddy of mine was in a shootout and shot the perp 5 times with a Glock .45 before he went down.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I have been missing out on the awesome power of the 9.

Is this the beginning of another endless argument: which is more powerful, the 40 or 9?
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like a "40mm" gun!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What forum?

Pirate stern board
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear stupid shit like that a lot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

You and me both Brother
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and me both Brother

That was ".40 mm", which is  0.01574803 caliber.

A micro-mouse gun!
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I think someone is obviously mis informed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

No, just stupid. Why do people talk about things they know nothing about. What's worse is that they say stupid crap with such conviction that other people who don't know believe them. If you don't know what you're talking about just say I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You know, that's why I come here. Not to cut down on other boards, I obviously don't run them, but you guys always seem the get it right. That's what I like about hanging out here. With so many different opinions, and honest answers, I don't know of another board where I can get such a broad range of logical, accurate information. LEO's and AJ's (I'll through my own euphemism in: Average Joes) together to serve my best interest when it comes to being informed.

Thanks fellas. Oh, and ladies.

Regards,
Eric
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]
That's GOTTA be from an airsoft board.

R
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

R

I'm betting it is a gaming type board.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#15]
What's scary is that this guy may actually own a firearm and thinks he knows how to use it...
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, just stupid. Why do people talk about things they know nothing about. What's worse is that they say stupid crap with such conviction that other people who don't know believe them. If you don't know what you're talking about just say I don't know.

I think you are both right; the poster is stupid and mis-informed!

Edited to add: please post a link to that forum
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

genius!
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

R

I'm betting it is a gaming type board.

speaking of gaming type boards, you wouldn't believe the amazingly ignorant stuff that is posted on those, I regularly end up linking to these boards to end some stupid arguments.  I gotta agree with what was said above, I don't post much here, but I am a dedicated reader, because whatever the question, this is the solid place to find a correct answer
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link to board

link to thread

Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thats not a true statement.  Buddy of mine was in a shootout and shot the perp 5 times with a Glock .45 before he went down.

Obviously he needed a Colt  insead of a Glock, THAT's the problem!
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure the quote was referring to a 1911.
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm sure the quote was referring to a 1911.

Humor sometimes is a wasted commodity
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#23]
That is completely insane, what a complete moron.   I certainly hope it wasnt a gun board???
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Absolutely true. I tested it on a perp before I cuffed him. And then in a different location and than at central booking. Hit someone with a good steel .45 and he will go down. I really don't know if it's the caliber or more in the way you swing the weapon.her
Link Posted: 12/31/2004 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Absolutely true. I tested it on a perp before I cuffed him. And then in a different location and than at central booking. Hit someone with a good steel .45 and he will go down. I really don't know if it's the caliber or more in the way you swing the weapon.
Next I'm going to test some of my other guns out.

Link Posted: 12/31/2004 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Absolutely true. I tested it on a perp before I cuffed him. And then in a different location and than at central booking. Hit someone with a good steel .45 and he will go down. I really don't know if it's the caliber or more in the way you swing the weapon.

Don't use a Glock. My buddy has broken 6 Glocks smacking people in the head with them.  They KB right away.
Link Posted: 1/1/2005 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link to board

link to thread

BOTD might be needed for linky.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like what you will hear in some gunshops.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#31]
>sirens going off<
One of those links took me straight to a post with a naked chick for an avatar.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

link to board

link to thread

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Interesting Avatars allowed there?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#33]
    You can hear things like that, and worse, just by hanging around some gun shops.  While I'm browsing, looking, holding, etc. I keep my ears open for such little nuggets of wisdom.  And the gun shows are pretty bad too.  Me and a buddy have left several places giggling like school girls after hearing stupid stuff like that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Obviously there are more "ignorant" people running around than previously estimated.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Obviously there are more "ignorant" people running around than previously estimated.

Some of the people running the booths at gun shows are just plain dumb!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top