Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2011 3:37:48 PM EDT
Is Colt still making the new Colt Delta Elite that the re-released in 2008/09? I cannot find anyone in stock nor can I find any brand new ones from other sellers. All the ones for sell on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica are going for about $500 higher than they sell for new.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They are making them and they are selling like made...but it's 2011.....they are ALL selling like mad.

For sure, do NOT buy a used one at new gun prices....just be patient, have your FFL lined up and have the cash on hand so you can pull the trigger the minute you see one come up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Bud's and add it to your wishlist.  You'll get an email from them as soon as they have it in stock.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw one in a brick and mortar store for $550 about a month ago, looked to be in great condition,

I think it was from a collection in TN where the guy died and left a lot of new guns to his kid that didn't want them.

Almost snatched it up just to see what I could sell it for on here
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Delta Gold Cup and love it. That being said my buddy has a Kimber and if I couldn't find a Colt I would not hesitate to buy a Kimber. Pro with the Kimber is it has a ramped barrel which can handle slightly hotter loads than my Colt without destroying the brass. Con would be a piece of junk extractor that he had to replace to get the Kimber to run.....but that's only a $30 part. BTW, he replaced his with a Wilson Combat 9mm/ 38 Super extractor.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:39:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Dan Wesson makes really nice 10mm 1911's as well.  I'd try to stick with Colt though just for the name.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a date to send 150 rounds of 180gr handloads to send downrange through mine when I get off work.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I might be persuaded to sell mine....  nice stainless.. year old.. I like it, but thinking of something else...

Quoted:
Is Colt still making the new Colt Delta Elite that the re-released in 2008/09? I cannot find anyone in stock nor can I find any brand new ones from other sellers. All the ones for sell on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica are going for about $500 higher than they sell for new.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I saw one in a brick and mortar store for $550 about a month ago, looked to be in great condition,

I think it was from a collection in TN where the guy died and left a lot of new guns to his kid that didn't want them.

Almost snatched it up just to see what I could sell it for on here

In TN somewhere? Can you let me know I will run there today. I've been looking for one in TN for a while!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Central AR,  my FFL went and purchased them all from the family acution
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one 10 years ago that I traded for a crap load of tatoos.  If I could do it all over again I would still own that pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top