Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2011 4:31:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
number 430.  I will start spreading the word!
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Number 442
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The site is down for maintenance when you try to "confirm" your e-mail address, so they can set it up to delete all the votes. And, so they can start to flag your e-mail account!!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The site is down for maintenance when you try to "confirm" your e-mail address, so they can set it up to delete all the votes. And, so they can start to flag your e-mail account!!  

If you refresh the original page, it shows you as registered.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#5]
in.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Done dont even own a pistol...yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Number 520
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Number 533 So just out curiosity the Obama is talking about signing the treaty with the UN to basically ban guns, and some signing this petition will convince him to support gun rights?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
signed
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Number 533 So just out curiosity the Obama is talking about signing the treaty with the UN to basically ban guns, and some signing this petition will convince him to support gun rights?

Where's the petition to move the UN building to Tehran, Iran?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:45:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Site won't load at work.

I can't help but think this is a trap. Just a ploy to get people to think that he cares about gun rights so he can use it to his advantage next year.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 5:17:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Site won't load at work.

I can't help but think this is a trap. Just a ploy to get people to think that he cares about gun rights so he can use it to his advantage next year.

Or a list of folks whose doors get knocked on first. F 'em.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#16]
# 1027
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Site won't load at work.

IMO there are many reasons why things don't change in politics. Two of 'em: politicians remain self-serving and the People remain complacent. "Knock on doors..." to take guns? Seriously? IMO, get real. Could it happen? Sure, because anything is possible. Is this likely? Not in any realistic mindset as the fear-mongers argue. IMO, energies can be better spent. Remain cautious. Think independantly and critically on issues. Evaluate the facts objectively. Validate claims made by all sides. Question. Challenge. Get active in constructive ways. Vote. Complaining changes nothing. I signed the petition.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#18]
#1040 Well worth my 3 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm #1,142 this morning and I copied this post onto Leverguns.com to help spread the word.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#20]
#1168...put on my Facebook wall and emailed to friends/family.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Site won't load at work.

IMO there are many reasons why things don't change in politics. Two of 'em: politicians remain self-serving and the People remain complacent. "Knock on doors..." to take guns? Seriously? IMO, get real. Could it happen? Sure, because anything is possible. Is this likely? Not in any realistic mindset as the fear-mongers argue. IMO, energies can be better spent. Remain cautious. Think independantly and critically on issues. Evaluate the facts objectively. Validate claims made by all sides. Question. Challenge. Get active in constructive ways. Vote. Complaining changes nothing. I signed the petition.

Well-stated.

Sometimes gun owners can be our own worst enemy.  This is one outlet we have to make our voices heard, and people are finding absurd reasons as to why it is fruitless.  Ever stop to think that this sort of attitude is exactly what the anti-gun establishment wants?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#22]
I do not want the feds anywhere near a national policy on CCW.  Many states have a hard enough ccw policy as it is why give the feds the power to add a layer of BS to it.

I know it looks good on paper but it will be used as a tool by anti gunners to make CCW nearly impossible.  Any dem who supports this bill has this in mind.

let the states issue reciprocity.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I do not want the feds anywhere near a national policy on CCW.  Many states have a hard enough ccw policy as it is why give the feds the power to add a layer of BS to it.

I know it looks good on paper but it will be used as a tool by anti gunners to make CCW nearly impossible.  Any dem who supports this bill has this in mind.

let the states issue reciprocity.

There is a strong argument to be made here, and I completely respect/agree that the state's power should cover this issue.
I don't believe this single petition will actually change anything, but I feel it is important to have the people's opinions heard at every level of government.
Luckily the supreme court as a strong history of supporting the second amendment and individual's rights to keep and bear arms.

We should each look within our state legislature to see if there is a similar petition to sign there as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#24]
1619 here. Yes, let the states decide reciprocity. That way I'll never be able to carry a gun in the Peoples Demokratik Republik of New York, the Peoples Demokratik Republik of Massachuchetts, the Peoples Demokratik Republik of New Jersey, or Illinois, or Commiefornia or any other anti gun state in the union. I did have high hopes that PA and Ohio would reach an agreement, but it seems the rino govenor is too busy selling all of the state prisons off to bother with a silly thing like reciprocity. Well, maybe someday in my life. There is West Virginia, though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#25]

And yet, a state telling me I can't carry is violating my 2nd amendment rights (even though the 2nd hasn't been defined as protecting carry). Yes, I think my rights are being violated by the simple fact that certain states won't let me carry, while they'll let others carry in their state.

It's not telling states that they need to do anything other than treat it like a driver's license. We would still need to obey the laws of the state. The way it's going on now is a clusterfuck. What if driver's licenses were handled like that? One state doesn't recognize a dozen others because their driver's ed programs aren't good enough. Sounds like a nightmare, huh?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top