Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2004 2:50:11 AM EDT
I bought a Sig 220ST the other day to add to the collection of other sigs. I took it to the range and put 150 rds through it with no problem.....But the slide failed to lock to the rear on empty even when I manually pulled it. After getting it home I decided to wait and call Sig to see what the issue was. Finally I ran out of patience waiting till monday and decided to take it upon myself and began troubleshooting. I played with the mag spring tension and this fixed it but I did not expect the fix to last long. Monday came around and I stopped at Novaks and picked up a couple of new/extra mags. To no avail this did not fix the problem. I them decided to scatter the pistol and adjust the slide release tension spring. I reassembled and tested. All worked flawlessly. I called sig and told them of the problem and the CSR said he was going to send me 2 extra mags and a new spring. He said one or the other should fix the problem. He said he was also going to through in a couple of new mag springs. I also voiced my opinion that I didn't care for the hogue grips that were stock. He said he would toss in set of the plastic grips.

Now thinking thsat nothing in this world is free I asked what the charge was and he told me that it was all complimentary due to the trouble I had. That is great customer service in my opinion.

BTW the 220ST is absolutely the most accurate pistol I now own. I will outshoot both of my Kimbers and glock.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My local Sig dealer has always adjusted my sights for free, even replaced a front sight free on my P239.

I love my P220, best .45 I have ever owned. (although I love my 1911s too - have to say that or they will get jealous)
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got several Sigs: 2 P228, 1 P239, and a P220R.  I love that 220R! never had any failure of any type ever!  Thousands and thousands of rounds through each one and have had exactly ONE malfunction:  The slide did not lock back after the final round.  The Sig is a great gun. haven't met one I didn't like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top