Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2011 8:46:22 PM EDT
Haven't seen any news on the Caracal pistol for a while now. Noticed even their Facebook page is down. Anyone heard if we'll ever be seeing these in the states?
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the sponsored match in TN went as planned, so there should be at least a few of them in-country.

At this rate, if I ever come across one, I'm snatching it up just on general principles.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
There are several on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
One of my local FFLs has/had the full size and compacts in stock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, this pistol is very interesting. (now that I know what it is)

I guess it's no coincidence that it seems to resemble the Steyr M a bit.

I was just reading that the trigger pull is 4.9LBS, what is the stock pull on more familiar polymer framed pistols?
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm, this pistol is very interesting. (now that I know what it is)

I guess it's no coincidence that it seems to resemble the Steyr M a bit.

I was just reading that the trigger pull is 4.9LBS, what is the stock pull on more familiar polymer framed pistols?

5.5 on my Glocks.

My local FFL has one, I am kinda trying to justify one...just to try something different.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Local shop here has one for $550.00. Anyone know anything else?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:30:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I think $550 is a little bit higher than some of the ones on gunbroker, but then you have to figure in FFL charge and shipping.
So it's probably a good price.

I wish I could see one in person and see how it fits.

Did you have a chance to handle it?

What did you think?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#8]
It's looking like this will be the kind of gun that gets imported for a while, then the importers go out of business.  

If I see one around here, I'm buying it just on general principle... may never see another.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Haven't seen any news on the Caracal pistol for a while now. Noticed even their Facebook page is down. Anyone heard if we'll ever be seeing these in the states?

Is this the pistol made in the UAE?

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#10]
yup
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
In case anyone is wondering or doesn't know, the R&D team for the Caracal was led by the designer of the Steyr M pistol, Wilhelm Bubits. These are being brought into the US by Waffen Werks in Tenessee.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In case anyone is wondering or doesn't know, the R&D team for the Caracal was led by the designer of the Steyr M pistol, Wilhelm Bubits. These are being brought into the US by Waffen Werks in Tenessee.

Are or were?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]
There have been some rumors floating around of issues with the guns.  Whether this translates into issues with the guns that were imported into the states remains to be seen.  I cant really find any solid info on these things.

I think ill head over to the steyr club website to see if there is any info there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#14]
The problem with the rumors floating around is that they are being put out there by a french dude named Edmund.  If you Google his posts, at first he was high as a kite on these things, and then all of the sudden he became a hater.  I know why, but I dont think I should comment about that.  He's made a bunch of bogus claims in the past, and he still makes them today.  

He's the kind of guy that Googles his name and Caracal everyday.  I'm sure he will be along shortly.

For what its worth, Larry Vickers is very positive on them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#15]
My local range had an all-Caracal match a few months ago.  I didn't get to participate, but have spoken to some who have.  Apparently the guns ran very well.  There was one stage where they thought the guns ran somewhat hot, but they were getting a whole lot of rounds through them.

I've been told that Caracal took the feedback they heard and are working on improvements, but they're not done with the gun yet.  Note that all of this is second hand, and I have no connection whatsoever with Caracal or the distributors.  I've not actually even seen one in the flesh yet.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's looking like this will be the kind of gun that gets imported for a while, then the importers go out of business.  

If I see one around here, I'm buying it just on general principle... may never see another.

Or they will have Springfield Armory on them shortly after they disappear.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think $550 is a little bit higher than some of the ones on gunbroker, but then you have to figure in FFL charge and shipping.
So it's probably a good price.

I wish I could see one in person and see how it fits.

Did you have a chance to handle it?

What did you think?

They actually feel excellent in my hand and the triggers felt far better than a Glock; read crisp break.  And I love my Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#19]
gun shop outside of st. louis has them for sale as we speak. Top Gun in Imperial has them on the shelf. Babbet if I am correct was at Glock before leaving for Styer.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Unless the Caracal is significantly less expensive than its competition, I would much rather have a pistol from the US or Austria.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I too see this as a golden opportunity for Springfield to add yet another foreign made pistol to their catalog and fool a lot of American gun buyers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
gun shop outside of st. louis has them for sale as we speak. Top Gun in Imperial has them on the shelf. Babbet if I am correct was at Glock before leaving for Styer.

Bubbitz

And I expect to see these on the CDNN catalog for $299
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

And I expect to see these on the CDNN catalog for $299

Probably so.

Its innovative, but a brand new pistol from the UAE based off a failed design from Steyr running against Glock, S&W, and H&K is doomed for the most part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top