Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 1:20:03 PM EDT
Is there some place on the net that compares all the mill speck 1911's as to who makes the best one now ? I know colt use to make the best and I know they are Grandfatherd in! But Come on they cant still be the best out there can they ? I mean with the inports and the ones made in the USA there has to be some one out there that can say they are better than colt with there Mill Specks ! Right ?
Gator
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
First of all, it's "mil-spec".  

Next, there's nothing to be "grandfathered in" as they're only 7 or 8 rounders. Not exactly hi-cap, eh? Colt, AFAIK, makes so few, if any, mil-spec 1911s it's practically worthless to look for them. Springfield Armory is your best bet for good quality & price. You can find them for $425 or so at good gun shops or maybe gun shows. I suggest avoiding Charles Daly & probably Auto Ordnance.

The spelling nazi in me makes me suggest you learn "they're", "there" & "their".  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Springfields.  Do a search for them in this forum and you will learn alot, from how they run in their basic form, to fully modded (some mods NICELY done by the owners themselves).
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]

SPRINGFIELD MILSPEC 1911 A1

Now, if you are looking for something a little more modern they have that too...

Springfield Loaded Full Size MC Operator PX9105ML

-Nugz
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Screw that noise.  If you are going to get the operator, get the good one.  The Operator TRP.  Here's mine.

The extra weight up front makes a world of difference.  I cant wait to reload for it.  With factory ammo the extra weight and that bull barrel put all my groups under a quarter at 25 feet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
First of all, it's "mil-spec".  

Next, there's nothing to be "grandfathered in" as they're only 7 or 8 rounders. Not exactly hi-cap, eh? Colt, AFAIK, makes so few, if any, mil-spec 1911s it's practically worthless to look for them. Springfield Armory is your best bet for good quality & price. You can find them for $425 or so at good gun shops or maybe gun shows. I suggest avoiding Charles Daly & probably Auto Ordnance.

The spelling nazi in me makes me suggest you learn "they're", "there" & "their".  

O and what ! Am I suposed to say I'm sorry teach ? I'll try harder next time ! Mr. Web-ster !
Right !   Can any one stand to be around you ?

PS I wont be looking at this one any more so save you fingers. Dont worry I'll post again about some thing so you get a chance to Flame on about how good you spell currrrectorr is !
Gator

Spelling NOT checked and dont giva shit ither !
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I forgot to say thanks to the guys that shared there info with me and man them are some nice 1911's ! Love the green one.
Gator
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Screw that noise.  If you are going to get the operator, get the good one.  The Operator TRP.  Here's mine.

tinypic.com/dd0ua

The extra weight up front makes a world of difference.  I cant wait to reload for it.  With factory ammo the extra weight and that bull barrel put all my groups under a quarter at 25 feet.

I like the Asphalt grips, LHD!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

O and what ! Am I suposed to say I'm sorry teach ? I'll try harder next time ! Mr. Web-ster !
Right !   Can any one stand to be around you ?

PS I wont be looking at this one any more so save you fingers. Dont worry I'll post again about some

Apparantly you missed the "" on the message?

As an aside, I love the English language. I like to read & I hate to see it butchered. Ebonics, etc. makes me wanna   .

Having said that, if YOU don't take your words seriously, WHY should we? Besides, the advice I gave you may have helped you avoid buying a $500 or more gun & then not liking it. Excuse me for trying to help you avoid what I & many others have learned the hard way.

But, gawd almighty, READ your message, sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top