Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 12:37:59 PM EDT
Anybody have a Star BM (no, not bowel movement)?  I'm curious what your impressions are.  I've found one that has really been babied, and it looks like a good gun.

I've heard that you have to be careful dryfiring because of the firing pin.  Is there anything else I should know?  Are there known issues concerning ammunition, such as what may not feed well?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Star's in general were decent little guns. Nothing fancy, decent price. I have no clue about firing pin problems as I've never owned one. As for ammo, all guns in Star's price range can be picky about brand X ammo over brand Y. Ditto for hollow points versus FMJ.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a Star .40 and it's a great little gun. Single stack and small enough to wear all day w/no discomfort. As for ammo, it eats any and all including JHP's. As for the firing pin...no prob's as of yet and I dry fire from time to time, but I don't just sit around and continuosly dry firing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I've a Star blued Mod 30 9mm Para. The gun is made in Spain. This model is supposed to compete against the Beretta 92s etc. Personally, I like the gun. Just remember there are zero spare parts from the importer, since the importer Interarms bit the dust a few years ago.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
That's weird, I have a Star Model 30 too, and a Firestar 9mm. Not many Model 30's around.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#5]
A friend has a Star BM-9 that has had tons of CorBons through it.  He also has a PDM.  

I have a Firestar .45.  They seem indestructible.  I bet mine has 5000 rounds down the tube and still looks new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top