Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 10:43:07 AM EDT
I just popped over to gunbroker, and the EAA .45s are still around at a very good price.  I've been looking at these for a while, but never got around to getting one.  The time seems right now, though.  

They have a few polymer models, as well as stainless, but I dont' know what the differences are.    

This will not be a carry gun, just something I occasionally blast with...so I'm not even considering spending $500 or more.  If I could pick up a decent .45 for $300ish plus taxes, tags, and dealer freight, I'd be very happy.  

I've had great luck so far with the 3 "cheap" handguns I bought...the HS2000, the CZ-40B, and my Steyr M9.  I've heard some good stuff about EAA, and I'm wondering who here has some first hand knowledge of EAA pistols, and hopefully the .45s in particular.  Thanks.  Please...no "if it ain't Glock it ain't shit" responses please.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my Tangfolio 10mm. Its smooth, finsihed nicely, and very very accurate. I am sure the .45 version will be just as good. I just couldnt pass up a full size 10mm for $350.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
A good friend of mine bought one, and he liked it so much he bought another one.

I've had 3 EAA Witness pistols (9mm, 2 full-size, and 1 compact), and never had a problem with any of them, using any type of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the .45/.22LR combo gun.  It's definately worth the money.  Mine shoots dead to aim, has been 100% reliable, and is very comfrotable to hold onto especially considering it's a double stack.  It's a suprisingly comfortable gun to shoot.  The trigger takes some getting used to, as it's kinda wierd as it takes up, but it's one of the best buys out there for a .45ACP.  

I haven't shot enough out of it to say I'd carry it yet, but I've shot enough out of it to say I certainly got my money's worth.  For what you're going to use it for, it's a good choice.

If you're in the Tidewater area, you can shoot mine before taking the plunge and form your own opinions about the gun.

Ross

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys...I think this will be perfect for a range/plinker pistol.  My carry gun is my HS2000, and I'm not planning on replacing that at all.  I just "need" a .45 'cos I dont' have one

I may head back to gunbroker today.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen Sig and Smith pistols with cracked slides. Guns break it's unfortunate but it happens.

I recently bought an EAA 10mm Witness. Nice heavy fun gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#8]
.45 ACP Steel frame Witness is a great pistol.  Perfect 10-round grip.  Get the Mec-Gar or EAA mags.  They are solid tubes of steel.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top