Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 6:21:46 AM EDT
What kind of steel I mean. I was fitting the rear sight to go in my Glock 19. I filed and filed and filed and could never get all the way through the finish on the sight. I tried 5 different files incuding a dovetail file made for fitting sights. I finally got tired of it and went with a brass punch (which I had to reshape after knocking the sight in). The plastic rod was not cutting it. I got it in and its snug with blue loctite. I dont think it will be going anywhere. I love this pistol and the new sights look great but definately not the easiest sight install.

Oh, and as far as tools go, these are great!

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=278/Product/ARMORER_S_TOOLS_for_GLOCK_reg_
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on the steel but they are supposed to be pretty damn tight because it's on the part of the gun that takes much of the force. Mine had to be slammed in with a punch and hammer, it's normal for it to be tight and you shouldn't have to file them to fit, at least that's been my experience with them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if freezing the sight will make it easier to put in???
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#3]
They would only go in about 1/4 the way then stop completely. They would not move at all using a plastic dowel sight drifter. I didn't remove but maybe .001"-.002" from the sight. Just some of the finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top