Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 5:24:08 AM EDT
I was detail cleaning my Kimber Stainless II last night after shooting.  As I put it back together, I noticed that there is a small click when I depress the grip safety.  I don't know if it was there before I took it apart or not, if it was I never noticed it. It works fine, it depresses and retracts normal but there is a little "clicking" noise. I took it apart again just to make sure, and it is still there. Is this normal? Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#1]
First, remember the GS activates the riser pin in the frame to de-activate the firing pin safety plunger so there usually is a small amount of resistance at contact. As to the clicking, none of mine do this. You may want to check your sear spring engagement where it rides in the grip safety center channel. Also look at the lower GS feet to make sure they are not hitting in the top of the main spring housing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, that's bad news.  something dirty/gritty?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
no, nothing's dirty and nothing's gritty.................as you can read, I took it apart to clean it.  It is immaculate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top