Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 4:36:50 AM EDT
I have a P226 that I got a great deal on but it could use some work.  I am not sure how many rounds have been put through it but it could use a detail stripping and maybe replace some springs and even have the trigger looked at.  

I noticed on their website, they do that kind of maintenance for about $100.  Before anyone says "Just do it yourself", I KNOW that I would never be able to get the thing back together if i even attempted it.  

Has anyone ever sent theirs in to have it worked over?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent them a GSR with a feeding problem.  I had it back in 9 days and that includes weekends and shipping time.  They are fast.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
i sent back a GSR.. it took them a month and 3 days. Took about two months to get the refund on my shipping. Very friendly just not very fast. IMO

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Took about two months to get the refund on my shipping.  J

I didn't ask for a refund for the shipping... I asked for 2 new magazines.  It took them 2 extra weeks, but I got them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
when i spend $44 to ship them a broken gun that i paid almost a grand for,  you better believe i want a refund. I got a brand new gun, 9 extra mags and my refund. I'm a bulldog when it comes to my money

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
By the year 2000 my local FFL had sent back one P-series (a P226) to Sig.  He had sent back one Sig-Pro.  Zero Glocks.  

The P226 was owned by a competition shooter and he had worn the rails too thin in some areas.  Only case of this I have evere been able to pesronally verify.

The Sig-Pro, I forget what was wrong with it, but it was promptly fixed.

He loved selling Glocks and Sigs because other than the two Sigs mentioned, they never came back with problems.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I was severely unhappy with Sig.  I bought a 226ST and had it shipped to a local dealer in NY.  Sig did not include the required spent casing for the NYS useless ballistic fingerprinting database.  I called Sig to arrange to have it sent to them to test fire and collect the necessary casing.  Sig informed me it would be around $100 for that service (plus shipping each way).  IMHO they should either include the case with all guns or at least do the firing for free.  Even at no cost, the shipping each way would have totalled close to $50.  

I like the gun but Sig's customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had my P220 for 11 years now and never had a problem.  I too have been thinking of sending it back for a tune up - get all springs replaced, have the entire gun checked out and touch up a few of the worn spots.

I'm just not sure I can go a month or two without the gun - it's my absolute favorite pistol.  Oh wait, I bought another P220 late last year but didn't know why, maybe this is why!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a used West German made 226 a while back.  I sent it to Sig to give the once over and make sure everything was up to snuff.  I had the gun back within a week and their customer service was excellent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I sent a brand new 225 in to have the action cleaned up as it was rough, possibly a burr or something. I was told by them that the serial# was indicating that it was an old gun and that this would not be warranteed.  It was a new gun from a stocking dealer with a good rep.  Poor, very poor. You can tell a new product and they lost my faith.  Them and HK both.

I hate to rant but American makers [excluding Colts]  have been super about support.  I prefer to support them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I sent in a Sig P229 for a slide refinish job. 3 months later and 2 refinish vendors later they gave up on the finish I'd hoped for.  It was a high gloss Nitride finish that kept peeling off. They ended up sending me a brand new stock finish slide to replce my original. They added night sights and threw in 2 extra pre-ban (at the time) 12 round mags all for no charge. I was without my gun for several months but they did make every effort to make it right.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've had my P220 for 11 years now and never had a problem.  I too have been thinking of sending it back for a tune up - get all springs replaced, have the entire gun checked out and touch up a few of the worn spots.

I'm just not sure I can go a month or two without the gun - it's my absolute favorite pistol.  Oh wait, I bought another P220 late last year but didn't know why, maybe this is why!  

I love my P220's as well.  I have one that is practically NIB I bought from a friend who put about 50 rounds through it.  The other one I bought used and recently took to this course--->www.sigarmsacademy.com/selfdefense/course.asp?cid=7&ccid=7&type=2

The gun didn't have a lot of wear on it but was likely shot more than I thought (usually the case).  The trigger spring broke and the instructor quickly replaced it.  I then had a more major malfuntion with the firing pin/innards.  The instructor stripped the slide/bolt and thoroughly cleaned it and I was back shooting again.  The 'innards' were horribly filthy.  I have no idea about turn-around time for sending one in.  Damn good CCW course and only a little more than an hours drive.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The gun didn't have a lot of wear on it but was likely shot more than I thought (usually the case).  The trigger spring broke and the instructor quickly replaced it.  I then had a more major malfuntion with the firing pin/innards.  The instructor stripped the slide/bolt and thoroughly cleaned it and I was back shooting again.  The 'innards' were horribly filthy.  I have no idea about turn-around time for sending one in. Damn good CCW course and only a little more than an hours drive.

Well, yeah, an hour for YOU!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I sent a P229 back.  It was rusting on the slide, despite being lubed well, and inside my home for its lifetime (unfired - 1 month old + rust).  They sent it back, and it rusted again, sent it back, and they paid all shipping, and paid for it to be teflon coated bow to stern.  Good weapon, good customer service.  YMMV, but a brand new weapon should not rust in a month shy of putting it in saltwater - I might buy another.

IO1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top