Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 11:12:08 AM EDT
I bought a brand new Springfield Operator TRP from a guy named Dave Anver from "Dave's Guns" which is one FFL out of a group of them known as "Coldfax" in colorado.  He had the right price and was willing to ship to my FFL as soon as the paperwork went through since I gave him a credit card.  The gun gets here and is fucking awesome.  The smoothest slide I've ever felt, better than all the WCs Ive fooled with.  

I notice that it doesnt have the 3 holes in the trigger that all the rest of the springfield guns have.  I look at the springfield website and the holes are present.  So I go back and look at the picture I got before I bought the pistol.  No holes in the picture.  Hmm Lets call springfield.

The pistol was built in 2001 as a standard operator.  It was returned later for some trigger work.  Then in 2003 it was returned and turned into an Operator TRP.  I dont know how they did that because the Operator TRP has a different slide and frame than the rest of the pistols.  Dave Anver sent it back for a new barrel for scratches on the outside of the barrel in jan of 2004.  So you know he knew it wasnt a new gun.  When I got the gun it didnt come with any of the average fare associated with it.  It had 2 bumper mags, the springfield lock key and the manuals.  The manual describes a special pin you have to use to remove the barrel from the slide since it doesnt have a screw in guide rod.  That wasnt in the box, neither was the cleaning rod.  

I called springfield and asked them what was supposed to come with it.  They gave me a list and I told them the story.  She asked my address to send out the missing stuff no questions asked.  I asked that if I ran into a problem with it in the future should I go back to Dave or to them.  I hadnt shot it yet and didnt know what to expect.  She said they'd take care of any problems I had.  

Awesome.  Good customer service is hard to find.  Springfield will keep my business.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like you found another shitweasel in ol' Dave?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I think ol' Dave would be getting a phone call.

I just bought a standard TRP from a boardmember. Excellent pistol. I posted a review recently.

My experience with Springfield CS has also been outstanding.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Dave Anwar has a real bad reputation in this town. I would never deal with him.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dave Anwar has a real bad reputation in this town. I would never deal with him.

Dammit, why didnt you tell me before I paid him?  

Shot it last night and it grouped very well.  Had suprisingly more kick than expected.  Not like it was a bunch to start with, but my alloy was a pound lighter than this one.  Still very manageable.  I thought all that weight would relieve more of it.  If I could I'd replace the recoil spring with a wolf one but its a special springfield spring/guide rod piece.  

Still a good deal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thumbs up for Springfield.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a Springfield 45 that had a problem. It laid on my bench in pieces for a few weeks. When I got around to sending it to Springfield for repair I couldn't find the slide stop. Springfield fixed the pistol and replaced the slide stop at no charge. It was back on my doorstep 9 days after I shipped it to them.
Two thumbs way up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had real great service experiences with both Springfield and S&W lately.
Good to see customer service coming back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top