Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 11:34:55 PM EDT
I am looking for a cost-effective free floating handguard set-up for a buddy of mines Post-ban Bushmaster(A2). I will be installing the handguard on the carbine for him. I have viewed the tutorial on how to install f/f handguards on this forum, and it looks as if the handguard used (YHM) needs to be installed from the front end of the barrel, which would require the removal of the flash hider and the front sight. This cant be done on a "post-ban" (or can it???) He doesnt want to spend more than $125 for the parts. Any suggestions on which hand guard will work on his post-ban set-up will help. BTW: it has to be a Free-floating system, as he will be mounting a Aimpoint M2 forward of the carry handle in order to co-witness his iron sights.

Thanks in advance,  Nick D.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
HELP ME
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:22:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
HELP ME

Um....you put this in the handgun forum.  Try the AR-15 forum.

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
+1

Sorry dude.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#5]
DOH

Sorry guys!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The front site base/gas block can't come off intact...  if you don't first remove the post ban style mock flash suppressor/muzzle brake. SOME versions have a mock supp that can be removed with a Dremel tool and a deft touch, then voila- you have an HB with an 11 degree target crown. Many PB muzzle brakes are machined into the barrel. You're on your own with that method.

Or- You could remove the front sight base (destructively) and substituting it with a Yankee Hill 2 piece gas block/picatinny rail after installing the free float- which in and of itself should go over the barrel end part (suppressor, etc).  They also make a "Spectre" model which would fit under a lengthened free float tube, ergo the "dissapator" look.

The answer revolves around two piece gas blocks that do not require being slipped over the end of the barrel.

We have Yankee Hill 2pc Pic Rails or the Spctre  for $45 plus S&H.

Doc @ M&A Parts   847 550-8246
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the response
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top