Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 8:19:32 AM EDT
I have some Chip McCormick Power 10s that I use at the range.  Recently, one of them has ceased to function when fully loaded.  The first round seems to be angled too low.  When the slide is released, the first round jams upon the magazine and feedramp.  I have to use a screw driver to pry the round back fully into the magazine in order for it to release from the slide.

When I download this magazine by one round, everything works perfectly.  My other Power 10 works fine.  This happens with hollow point and ball.  Any suggestion to save my mag?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the guys at the 3-gun comp. uses Wilson 10 round mags.  They never have any problems nor do I.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I use 47d's exclusively as home protection and carry, so I am no stranger to the Wilson experience.  I have a couple of their 10 rounders as well.  While I certainly appreciate the advise, I am looking to correct the problems I have with these magazines, not spend more money on new ones.  The spring swap is an excellent idea.  I will give that a try.

Editted to add: hope this doesn't come across as negative, as I certainly appreciated the responses.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes swap it all including the follower until you get it pinpointed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I dissassembled and swapped all the parts.  Both of them work now.  Maybe it just needed a thorough cleaning.  Thanks, Guys!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:54:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:52:57 AM EDT
[#9]
This can also happen if you somehow manage to get the spring turned back-to-front when cleaning and reassembling the mags, although the more common malfunction in that case is a failure to lock the slide after the last round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top