Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 10:13:57 PM EDT
Right now I'm looking at a Down Under w/belt straps from High Noon. With cold weather coming my full sized Kimber will be on my hip so I'm in no rush.

I just got the 245, so I'll be doing all the ins and outs of breaking it in, doing some drills, etc. If it proves to be the reliable, lightweight, compact .45 I'm expecting, I'll probably end up getting a Sparks VM2 for it for warmer weather conditions.

But in the meantime, I'd appreciate any IWB holster recommendations as well as thoughts on my current candidate holster listed above. Solid IWB holsters are fairly elusive for this gun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The 245 is 7.1 inches long to the 220's 7.8".  Have you tried a 220 holster?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The 220 factor is worth keeping in mind.
A friend highly recommended a Blade-Tech IWB, which is cheaper but I'm more prone to horsehide.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
If I remember correctly the 245 is narrower than the 220. It has been awhile since I owned my 245 but I had good luck getting leather from Kramer. At the time they were one of the few who made holsters for that model. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't care for Kydex or other plastic.  The 220 and 245 had similar fit into the few holsters I tried.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top