Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 4:10:36 PM EDT
Picked up a 686 earlier this year, and I was thinking of taking it along as a secondary/backup during this year's whitetail season.  Not much of a wheelgun guy, myself, but not only does PA disallow hunting w/autos, you can even carry one while hunting even w/ a CCW.   Anyway, don't really know if there are any "must-have" holsters for revolvers...   Most of the searching I've done so far focuses on concealed carry, which doesn't really apply here.    I'm not opposed to spending a little more for quality.   Any thoughts/recommendations?

TIA,
Rocko
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Check London Bridge Trading Company. The 686 should fit in a thigh rig that's made for a large semi, mine does. This way, it's protected well by the flap as well.

Mark
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
A 686 is stainless steel so holster wear isn't as big a worry as a blued gun. Chances are it'll be also exposed to some rain while hiking. Given all that, I'd use a Fobus paddle or belt. It's polyurethene so it won't hold moisture like leather. (BTW, stainless WILL rust.)

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#3]
if you can find something like a fobus. that would be my choice. Or something cheap that you don't mind beating up like a uncle mike's sidekick. stay away from leather.

J

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm... never been too keen on the plastic (yeah, yeah, "kydex", I know...) or nylon holsters.   Maybe I'll give them a second look, though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Go here- www.mernickleholsters.com/

Really nice leather.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
stay away from leather.

J

Why?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top