Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 12:41:02 AM EDT
Hey guys,

First off, I have a Springfield Ultra Compact V10 .45 and it seems to be pretty pick about ammo.  Basically it will fail to extract 8/10 times with Speer Lawman ammo, 2/10 times with American Eagle ammo, and 0.2/10 times with some unmarked 1911A1 brown box ammo I got from a neighbor.

The gun has around 250 rounds through it total.  It's nice and clean -- not too much oil.  

Is this the gun's problem or the ammo?

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 2:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey guys,

First off, I have a Springfield Ultra Compact V10 .45 and it seems to be pretty pick about ammo.  Basically it will fail to extract 8/10 times with Speer Lawman ammo, 2/10 times with American Eagle ammo, and 0.2/10 times with some unmarked 1911A1 brown box ammo I got from a neighbor.

The gun has around 250 rounds through it total.  It's nice and clean -- not too much oil.  

Thanks.

Were the failures in that order?  (8/10, 2/10, 0.2/10) over 250 rounds?  That's ALOT of FTE's, but maybe it is trending down because it is getting broken in?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]
It could still be breaking in or it could br a burr on the extractor or a bad extractor spring.  Try  carefully hand cycling some rounds through it.  Pull the rounds out slowly and look to see if the extractor is seated good on the rim.  If it isnt seating good you youll have to pull the extractor and check for binding or foreign material in the extractor cut.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys.  BTW, it wasn't in that order.  I was actually using the good brown box stuff first and didn't really have any problems with it.  The Spear definitely sucked and the American Eagle was disappointing.

I'll keep ya posted, thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
My first guess would be your "Limp Wristing" it ever so often causing the problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top