Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 9:48:27 PM EDT
So I thought I out grew my spray and pray pistols when I sold my old kg99 but now with the ban expiring I have tossed around the idea of buying a cheapo m-11 with the dreaded threaded barrel. I wouldnt be expecting much from one of these pistols and would just be using it as a plinker and nothing more. What do those of you that own one think of them? I have shot a couple and hate the cocking handle but extensions are cheap I am also thinking of one of the master arms side cockers.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Good guns, I 've liked everyone I ever had. I do suggest replacing the trigger return spring with a stronger one though.There is alot of aftermarket goodies readily availible for them as well.If you don't like the top cockers there is a company making side cocker uppers for them now.They are arccurate and reliable and are far more useful than just spray in pray.I've had two mac-11 pistolsand two mac-11 carbines . Carbine is capable of shots out to 75-100 yards consistently,pistols good out to 50+ depending on shooter.While I'm a big fan of 45's I like the 9mm's mac a little better.Just a personal preferance.Wiht a few add ons it makes a good urban SHTF weapon.Hope this helps.
Sureshot45
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have looked at the little carbines and they seem like a pretty decent little gun for the price. If they every come out with one with the retractable stock like the ones on the smg versions I will probably buy one. I think have decided to get the sm-11 or the stainless version just because you dont see many of them and I like the looks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#3]
can't really see them doing anything a glock with a 30 rd mag can't.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah but you can get a Cobray for about $180 new
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one and didn't really care for it.  It's a sheet metal "cookie cutter" gun.I thought it had a cheap feel to it.  It jammed quite a bit as well.  When it did run good it was a blast to shoot though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
my brother bought one . why  i have no idea. I didn;t even want to be next to him on the range when he brought it. It must weigh 10 lbs, won't feed  correctly. IMO completely useless.

J
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I probably wont be buying it for the range but will be taking it out to the family farm and chasing some cans with it. Also I have heard people say they have feed problems but the ones I have shot didnt seem to bad was I just lucky? Also what are the best mags my friend uses the zytel mags and they seemed to work fine he also had some after market metal ones made by western mags that he said were crap so we never loaded those up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have found all of the metal M-11 mags to be hit-and-miss (and more miss than hit).  I have yet to have any feeding problems with the factory Zytel mags.  YMMV, of course.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Never had any feeding problems with mine,I do like the factol zytel mags better the have a tighter fit.I also had good luck with the south african mags too after modifying the mag catch they seem to have a little bit stronger spring.
sureshot45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top