Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 9:39:31 PM EDT
So I picked up a used HP22 with some extra mags for about a $100 and never really heard much about them and cant find much on the net. I hat been real happy with it I have already put probably 5000 rounds through the thing and seems to be holding up pretty well. So any of you out there have one and what has your experience with it been.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't own one but at my CCW class there were about 5 that were used with no problems at all. They look like nice little pistols and I have added one to my "want" list. Damn nice gun for the cost.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems like they are growing in popularity but I still cant find a whole lot about them but so far have heard only good things about them. Makes a great little plinker Im going to buy a kit they sell with a longer barrel and mag with pinky rest for only $25.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually heard a gunshop owner recommend one over a tip-up barrelled Taurus .22. That was in South America though. (PS the Phoenix cost about $225 there)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Great little gun. Get the target barrel. Well worth the little extra $$. Never had any probs out of mine. Not to mention cheap to shoot. Important consideration when keeping skills sharp.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:48:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought they were out of production??  Anyhow, a few years back I bought one.  It was a POS, lots of fte problems.  They replaced it for me and I abused the replacement.  Really abused, it hasn't been cleaned in at least three years and it keeps going.  I'd guess it's had about 1500-2000 rounds though it in that time.  It's my emergency car gun now.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I know they made lots of little saturday night specials like the raven and some other hammerless .25 and .22 pistols but as far as I know their little hp22 and hp25 pistols are still made. I know S.O.G is still selling them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:07:04 PM EDT
[#8]
bought one for  $85  (display model) abused the heck out of it broke 2 sets of grips went through 5 recoil
springs had both barrels. Put about 6-7 k through it gave it to my dad when my mom would not let him buy a handgun. shot awesome at 25 meters with aguila sss 60 grainers  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top