Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 7:57:39 PM EDT
I have an FEG Hi-Power that I use as a car gun.  Its made to spec, 100% reliable, and shoots where I aim.  I only have one problem, the spur hammer sometimes bites my hand.  As most of you know Hi-Powers are somewhat infamous for this.  

This is the hammer type my FEG has right now:

This is the type of hammer I'd like to install:

Where can I get one?  I've tried  Midway USA and Numrich with no luck so far, I'm not done searching through Brownells yet.  Argh!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I kind of thought the regular hammer bit more than the hammer you want to get rid of.

Have you looked at the fnhipower.com/ website?  There are a few folks there that are experienced BHP folks.

Maybe check with a gentleman by the name of Sgt. Camp at this forum; he's very versed in the BHPs.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
We used to just cut off and polish the standard ring hammer leaving enough there to get a good thumb grip on...works just fine and if done by someone with more asthetic sense than a drunk monkey, does not look bad at all.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:02:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I would agree with cjklekar, the rowel hammer is suppose to minimize the hammer bite. Have you tried shooting a BHP with the spur hammer before you change out your factory hammer?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I've shot a factory Mk3 example a few times and liked its grip and hammer better.  Too bad its a $600 gun and my car gun needs to be more like a $200 gun.  I'd like to dump the crappy grips the FEG comes with as well.  It doesn't bite me alot, in fact it bites other people who try the gun at the range more than it bites me.

Maybe I should get one of these hammers?  I think Midway had them.  Doesn't look like that would bite you, and it doesn't look bad either.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Cylinder and slide carrys BHP internals.  Also friendly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top