Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 4:17:12 PM EDT
Anyone ever shoot 10mm express 200 grain ammo from the Texas Ammunition Company?
If so, how is it , I heard it was hot ammo
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I havent. I would recommend doubletap ammo for any 10mm user. He loads them to spec.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Double tap also sells a 220gr hardcast load for big game. It is teh wIn. All Double tap is GOOD stuff!

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 for doubletap.

Just remember that, if you want to fire  more than a couple of boxes, you'll be writing funny the next morning.  This stuff's for REAL.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Where can I get doubletap? Would it work good in my Glock?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:28:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where can I get doubletap? Would it work good in my Glock?

Doubletapammo.com and yes it will work in a Glock. I think the loads were developed in a G20.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Agreed: DoubleTap is amazing stuff, and a great company.

Heed the 'writing funny' remark though!  D-Tap is very lively!  This is both a perk and a liability of a proper 10mm load.  

During the six months after I bought a brand new G20, I didn't make it through a full 15-round mag without a jam.  Mike at DoubleTap always insisted that my grip was to blame.  I, the macho skeptic, refused to accept that.  But when other solutions didn't pan out, I finally drove five hours to Salt Lake City to enlist Mike's expertise in person.  At a local range, he helped me diagnose the problem: I am right handed, and my left hand wasn't exerting enough force to steady the gun and allow physics to do their thing.  What jamming has occurred since was introduced deliberately by temporarily unlearning my new left-hand technique.

So yeah, I would trust Mike, I would trust his fine DoubleTap ammo, and I would trust anything he says about 10mm.  If Mike tells you that 10mm goes well with lima beans, shut up and set the table.  Dude knows his stuff, and admirably carries the torch for the ten-mil round as originally intended.

"Would it work good in my Glock?"  Mike has 70,000+ rounds through his workhorse Glock, if that is any indication.

Back to the original question: Texas Ammo (also Cor-Bon) looks good on paper, but I have never tried it.  Anyone who has, please speak up!

Phlybox
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
i always carried silvertips in my g20.  i WANTED a hot 150-155 moving at just under the speed of light.  wish this guy had been around a few years ago.

mr box:  it may have been a little of both.  my g20 took somewhere between 5-700 rounds to break in- after that, perfect.  why didn't i send it back before?  i'm VERY lazy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info on this guys...I'm looking at a 10mm for the future and this will come in handy when I get one...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info on this guys...I'm looking at a 10mm for the future and this will come in handy when I get one...

If you buy one in the 1911 format,you can order an Olypics Match barrell in 40 S&W!

Just change out the barrel and you can shoot 40's for range and 10mil for  home defense!

The 40's are a whole lot cheaper(kinda like the .38 special verses the .357 mag)!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top