Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 3:01:15 PM EDT
Purchased a Tactical Pro II last week.  After cleaning, I took it to the range and put a box of 230gr ball through it with no feed or function concerns.  Problem is the magazines will not drop free for reloading.  If I depress the release all the way, the mag hangs; if I depress it about half way, the mag will drop free.  

I'm new to single actions with the Kimber being my first - I'm lovin' it and it's a sweet shooter, but this mag thing just ain't right.  Any suggestions short of sending it in for repair?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Could also be a grip screw bushing protruding into the magwell.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Understood.  I'll give it a shot this weekend.  Just for the record, this Kimber uses an allen screw to retain the catch, but Kimber is nice enough to supply a wrench with the weapon.

Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top