Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 10:48:02 AM EDT
I recently purchase a Kimber 1911 Custom TLE/RL II.  I did a significant amount of research on the pistol before buying it.  I also liked a lot of features on the gun and besides I’m a fanatic about 1911’s.   Well, as soon as I received the gun, I immediately began to break it down and clean it and then put it back together.  A friend and myself began to take turns shooting it.  I shot first.  At first, the hammer would not stay back after the first shot.  I chalked this it to being new and the gun needed to be broken in a little.  One or two shots after that, the gun fired fully auto.   We continued to shoot it and still nothing changed, either the hammer was not tripping back or the gun was firing fully auto.  I cleaned it another time and shot it again and still the same thing.  I talked with my friend and he wondered about the ammo.  I told him that the ammo is good and I fired that same ammo in my other 1911 and never had any problems.  Nevertheless, I did break down and buy some really expensive ammo.  It didn’t work either.  So, I returned the pistol to my gun dealer.   I think he was going to check with his distributor or send it back to Kimber.  Right now, I disappointed and wondering what the heck is the matter.  Anyway, I was wondering if any of ya’ll have any ideas or thoughts.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I immediately began to break it down and clean it and then put it back together.  A friend and myself began to take turns shooting it.

Are you talking just the basic field stripping for cleaning?

Yes, just basic field strippign for cleaning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Was this firearm NEW or USED?

It was new and it had all that gunk on it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top