Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 4:40:35 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with these mags?  They will be used in a charles daly.
1. Mitchell arms manufacturing (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/cdnn/1945ac8rdsta3.html)
2.Chip McCormick mags (http://www.cdnninvestments.com/cdnn/198rdtamawbl.html)

Also, do the 10 round mags function as well as the standard mags?  AND if either of these brands have no good responses what brands do work well?  Remember under $20.00 a mag

thanks
Polytech
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used a lot of the CMC mags. They work well when new, but their springs seem to need replacement after a year or two.  

I pretty much use Wilson 47Ds now for all of my 1911's but they are more than $20/mag new.  I have found them as low as $22/mag on sale.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have four Chip McCormick Power 10s.  They worked without fail in everything except for my TLE, which does not like one of them.  I use them for the range.  For the bed side, I have Wilson Combat 8 rounders.

Without hesitation, I would encourage you to purchase Wilson Combat magazines.  I have never had a magazine failure with a Wilson in any gun.  A Wilson will make any 1911 run better.  They are a bit more expensive but entirely worth it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a couple of C.M. mags. works just fine. But, I carry Wilson mags for every day use. Remember...your life may depend upon total reliablity.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear good things about the McCormicks, but I use Wilson 47D's and they work great.

DON'T use McCormicks on aluminum frames - McCormick mags and aluminum frames...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top